My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are these Fellows?

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Another thought (with absolutely nothing to back it) is that it came from The Royal Society, where "Fellow" was a step above "Member." It probably wouldn't be the first thing our supper club borrowed from the Society.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
88DAM88
"....The Jesters - Weird Fellows - Odd Men - Devoted Scribes - Sons of Hours"

These are sub-sects of York Rite Freemasons that performed specific ritual, ceremonial, or public duties.
The Whitechapel murders were carried out by The Jesters.
The son of a whore could not be allowed to take the throne.
There is no mercy for the "widows son".
This is untruthful and silly, and not even fun silly.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Persecuted just as the nails of the cross were hewn by a woman and driven through the flesh of Christ.
I too am persecuted! There is very good detail about the Jesters in william schnoebelen's book "Church of the Black Ram".
As noted, the Jesters were not formed in the US until 1911. The White Chapel murders were some 20 years before that. The Jesters do not have York Rite as a prerequisite. England does not use the term York Rite.

The individual to whom you cite, claims to have been a vampire, and is a known fraud.

You aren't a Mason, are you?

Last edited:

Bloke

Premium Member
88DAM88

These are sub-sects of York Rite Freemasons that performed specific ritual, ceremonial, or public duties.
Aaaaahahahahaha!

That's up there with the moon is made of cheese and the cow jumps over it on Tuesdays at 2 pm but the cow is too busy on odd months to do it because its getting milk transfusions into its left 7th lung... or that the RMS Titanic sank in 1899 AD because it flew too close to the European Unions Space Station because the Captains IPhone 6's firmware failed.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
88DAM88

Geez! Your very thought betray you. Get a life.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I work for the BIS.
And I work for the PIZZA. So What!?
Masonry is just a stepping stone...
Don't tell me... you took the escalator!
Orders and Chapters you aren't privileged to hear whispered....
LOL!...
That's a Secret_01.JPG

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
...The Jesters - Weird Fellows - Odd Men - Devoted Scribes - Sons of Hours"

Another Troll!

BullDozer Harrell

I have been a Mm for around 3 years, and have wondered about the fellows part as well, and had asked who the fellows were, and I know 7 grand lectures, and they couldn't answer that question either.
Are you disappointed in the 7 Grand Lecturers who couldn't or maybe just wouldn't tell you the answer to your question?

BullDozer Harrell

I heard from somewhere and I can't quite put my finger on from whom but it was told to me that the distinction was made between Brothers & Fellows to mark partially what Coach has said. The differences of Masonic degrees between two members.

This same guy told me also to consider the time period when those words were framed by the men of that day. There was a proximity to other English organizations like the Royal Society which I believe someone else mentioned in this thread.

There seem to be an open fraternal approach towards possible Craft & Society cross membership.

Sounded plausible and sensible to me when i heard it.

88DAM88

I seem to have the impression your not a Freemason. Either way "liturgy" is not a accurate word to use in respect to Freemasonry. That said, it was a good question.
I am a Freemason, although not a very seasoned one. What in my query gave you the impression that I was not a Freemason. I appreciate the communication, illumination and fraternity in the discussions here. I used "liturgy" in quotations as I was at a loss for a proper or respectful word in the moment. I know that liturgy is a religious reference but "lines," "oral drama," "script," etc didn't seem to cut it at the time . . . perhaps "degree work" would have sufficed. Thank you.

Last edited:

88DAM88

Ritual is the generally used term.
Ah, I am a word guy so I was thinking of the "script" and didn't consider referring generally to the entire ritual although it would have been better to.
I think of ritual as the entire passion play en toto.