My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are these Fellows?

Bloke

Premium Member
Ah, I am a word guy so I was thinking of the "script" and didn't consider referring generally to the entire ritual although it would have been better to.
I think of ritual as the entire passion play en toto.
I like "ritual" As it suggests a process... which is what Freemasonry should be. Oh ! There's an article on that ! :)

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I am a Freemason, although not a very seasoned one. What in my query gave you the impression that I was not a Freemason. I appreciate the communication, illumination and fraternity in the discussions here. I used "liturgy" in quotations as I was at a loss for a proper or respectful word in the moment. I know that liturgy is a religious reference but "lines," "oral drama," "script," etc didn't seem to cut it at the time . . . perhaps "degree work" would have sufficed. Thank you.
Which grand lodge?

Edited

Last edited:

GKA

Premium Member
Since the ritual predates the emergence of the MM degree, 1723 to 1730, it would be safe to assume that the fellows are fellow craft masons and the brothers would be the EA masons, the obligations are different obviously, so considering that the definition of a brother would include an equal committment to oaths taken, it would be difficult to consider an EA at the same level as a FC, just on the obligation alone.