Why is the north a place of darkness?

Discussion in 'Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality' started by pointwithinacircle2, May 15, 2015.

1. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

What I paraphrased is from the bylaws of the Swedish GL and where considerd a masonic secret up until around 2007.

Yes and no.
    What the MM gives an FC when he becomes a new MM is simply more tools and a new prespective.
    What the MM does with his tools is simply up to the person.

Ripcord22A and Bloke like this.
  2. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

When the MM are formed up in the temple that extends from E to W and N to S and from the center of the Earth to the Heavens what they do is "simply up to the person"?

I rather hoped that MMs formed up in that vast temple performed work with the Sun, Moon and Stars

3. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Yes, micro and macro working in tandem.
    However, the question is how you use it.

You are refering to what a MM is, I refer to what he does and the goal.

Just becuse you have a pencil dont make you a a good writer just as being a MM dont make you a hardworking MM.

4. JamestheJust

I have seen it done, but rarely by Freemasons.

5. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Really ! ? How cool ! It's not in our ritual but those words are in our table lodge ceremony.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

But he had the secrets of an operative mason. Which at the time the tragedy happens were many

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

7. JamestheJust

that could only be communicated by the three Grand Masters. They must have been busy flying around the planet to support all the great buildings.

8. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

That's where we say it, as well. We hold an Agape each month immediately after our Lodge of Instruction.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  9. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

We're currently doing it annually but dine after every meeting.... and generally after informally at rehearsal.... it's not just armies who March on their stomach:)

Warrior1256 and Brother JC like this.
  10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Great!

11. Ripcord22A

Nope. Thats made up too. Allegory to teach us to always be searching ourselves for ways to improve. I mean if all 3 had the "secret" of a MM so did every other MM on the site. Why not just promote HABs 2nd in command and move out amd draw fire?

Sometimes I'm not sure if your trolling me or if you really take the things in our ritual literally?

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

12. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Real or fiction, the question remains why is the story told how it is....

13. JamestheJust

A good question that can be answered from the Rabbinical writings where HKT claims to have outlived David, Solomon and some 20 Jewish kings. And HKT, acknowledged as the grandson of Baal, claims to be a god, like his grandfather. The gods lived long periods: a thousand ages in thy sight is like an evening gone.

And it seems likely to me that the 2 Hirams were related - through the Widow who must not be named.

How could a human mason replace a god?

Did the gods have spiritual technology, e.g. the triple grip?

14. Ripcord22A

15. Ripcord22A

16. JamestheJust

Proof indeed.

17. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

It doesn't. It's just unfounded and immature bovine output.

The three GMs of Freemasonic lore were put forth within allegory. They were not actual or real men. They were personified concepts/ideals/characters. That's how allegory works. It's not factual. It not historical. It's not even fiction as we usually understand fiction. Allegories are stories denoting veiled concepts that will only be understood at the mentality, development and maturity of the person listening, reading and, in my area, experiencing it.

In this case, believing they were real, that they all knew all the secrets alluded to within the allegory and that they were required to fly around the world overseeing every building being build reflects an understanding that is simply uncultivated enough to accept anything metaphoric, symbolic or figurative.

In other words, such a view reflects a deficit of Trivial proportions, if you catch my drift.

Fellow Craft Work my good Brother. Do its Work and you understand how sophists flourish in kingdoms where the ignorant feast upon rubbish.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  18. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Allegories are not about real people but they do teach truths about human nature. The separability of inspiration, wealth and knowledge. Rending unto God *, rendering unto Caesar, serving society. All more extreme principles than we see in most people but we should recognize all three types of excellence when we encounter them.

Also notice that Tyr was a foreign country. In an era between wars we find cooperation. Opponents turned to allies, allies turned to friends, friends turned to brothers. All in a process that a couple of generations before had run the other direction and that a couple of generations later would run the other direction. Back and forth across history back and forth together and apart. But the greatest achievement happens when together.

One of the meanings I learned for Free in Free Mason was free to cross borders to do the work. The physical work, the mental work, the social work. So here we have two men called Hiram who crossed the border to do two types of work together with the local named Solomon. And three men from the same point of origin with other names who ended up doing a different type of work.

Edit - I just noticing my typo of the word "rending" that should have been "rendering". It's too strange a reference to the variety of human nature for me to correct it. I have no idea what it means to "rend unto God" but whatever it means I'm going with it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    jOelski, Bloke and Warrior1256 like this.
  19. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Precisely.

coachn likes this.
  20. JamestheJust

If Freemasonry were a science we would be able to test this proposition - for example, by using the working tools in a moral sense.

Share My Freemasonry