My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

?????

Hippie19950

Premium Member
It's a little late, but Happy Texas Independence Day!!!!!!!!!! I posted a question this morning on my Facebook page, and had one response, from an Aggie. Wow!!! She also mentioned it was her Son's birthday. I sent a greeting to our Brethren who were meeting at Washington on the Brazos as well. Oh, and several County employees were at lunch when I was, and I asked why they were working on a State Holiday... They had no idea, and then one asked this Transplanted Yankee what the holiday was...... In a LOUD BOOMING voice, I said HAPPY TEXAS INDEPENDENCE DAY everyone!! Red faces all around.

MGM357

The GLOT should require Lodges to observe March 2nd. How come there wasn't a big announcement about Washington on the Brazos gathering? I think every year when this day is a work day, I plan to take off.
How come fat Tuesday is a state holiday in Louisana, but today is not a holiday in Texas?

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
I'm a county employee in McLennan county and also had to work. I also usually write a letter to the paper every year on why they don't publize Texas Independence Day more. Usually I get some weak response just in time for their big Cinco de Mayo spotlight. I got a response one year from the guy who did a big write up on that year's goings on for Cinco de Mayo who told me it was a racist holiday. He also incorrectly identified Cinco de Mayo as Mexico's Indpendence Day.