33rd degree

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by MeCorby, Jun 14, 2016.

1. phulseapple

phulseapple Premium Member

Right there is the problem. Asking what the 33rd degree is, is perfectly fine. Indicating that it is your "goal", indicates a mercenary motive and that is not what we are about.

dfreybur likes this.
  2. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I think our brother-to-be's got the message...... I've had new bros say similar things to me, but what they're really saying, and MeCorby would now understand, is they want to reach a high level of learning and/or want to make a significant contribution

And 20 years washing dishes ? I'm more than half way there!!!!! , check my signature, which has been the same for months. Mind you, last few meetings i've not washed, only dried because they've been done by the time i've been able to hit the kitchen. That's awesome, not because i dont have to do it but because the example has been set and emulated. ... and it was awesome to see ea's fc's mm's and the wm himself in there at the end of the night. The "real" masons are always the workers, whether working with a cloth, shovel, law book, strategy, professional expertise, their working on themselves for the benefit of themselves and others.

Derek Harvey and MeCorby like this.
  3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

" the example has been set and emulated"
    special thanks to those who did, and do, that for me

4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

What they said.

5. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

I guess that, having spent a long time in academia, I think of "honorary" as being "not the real thing." In that sense, the only thing honorary about the 33° is the title of Inspector General.

6. The Undertaker

The Undertaker Premium Member

I agree wholeheartedly with Companion Joe. The journey, the building of one's inner temple, the personal and corporate growth, the moral, spiritual support, the work for and toward the betterment of everyone, those are the goals. Things "bestowed" are all well and good, but behind our work.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  7. Erickson Ybarra

Erickson Ybarra Registered User

8. Warrior1256

Totally agree!

Rosenrot likes this.
  9. Melchizedek Priest

Melchizedek Priest Registered User

There's is a short cut to the 33rd!

One mason recognize another.

Attached Files:

Rosenrot likes this.
  10. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

No and the fact that you asked now means you will NEVER receive it. But even if there was why would you want to take a short cut?

dfreybur and Warrior1256 like this.
  11. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

I don't understand what you're saying here.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  12. Warrior1256

This is the same as was explained to me.

13. Ripcord22A

Misread what he said....thought he was asking IF there was a shortcut

Sent from my SM-G386T using My Freemasonry mobile app

14. MBC

MBC Twice Registered User Premium Member

The OP is in England. I thought I can give a view of that.

In Rose Croix Masonry (A&AR) in England and Wales, 18th degree is the normal degree that a member can have, rather than 32nd degree for an American brother.
    30th, 31st, 32nd, and 33rd are honorary in here.
    30th roughly equals to a Past Master or First appointment of Provincial rank (like Provincial Deacons or lower, or London Grand Rank) in the Craft, and normally given after you finished your term as MWS (Most Wise Sovereign) (equals to WM in Craft).
    31st roughly equals to a Senior Provincial Rank (like a Sword Bearer, Registrar or a Warden in the Provincial Grand Lodge),
    32nd roughly equals to a first appointment Grand Rank (like PGStB or PAGDC etc), and 33rd roughly equals to a Senior Grand Rank (like PSGD or PJGD or up).

Rose Croix is no different than other orders in English Freemasonry as being a "Progressive" (or side) Order.
    As an English mason, I would suggest you to put your aim to focus yourself in the Craft (attain the Chair (WM) first if possible) and Royal Arch before seeking into other Orders.

15. MBC

He claims that he is from GRAN LOGIA DE NUEVO LEÓN.
    It is not recognised by the UGLE.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  16. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

The question is, should the U.S. AASR slow it's roll down and make it more challenging thus a bigger deal to obtain the 32nd degree? Here, you get it in like five minutes, over in England and Europe, it takes years and years which makes it more appreciated I'm sure. The 33rd here is still prestigious but 4th-32nd are given in a matter of one to three day conferrals. I know guys that went on a Friday a BL MM and two days later were 32nd degree Masons and have literally never been back. Do they have any knowledge or feeling on what they received or is it just a title and a dues card? Anyone's thoughts here?

Warrior1256 likes this.
  17. MBC

I am not familiar with the American system, but I guess the rarity of a 33rd in the US is roughly a 32nd in here.
    (not degrading the honours but just compare it with numbers)

Warrior1256 likes this.
  18. Ripcord22A

I think the fact that Royal Arch is an extension of the BL in England more brothers go that route. I believe that there are more AASR masons in the US then YR....could be wrong though

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.
  19. Warrior1256

Interesting.
    You could be right although I am not sure either.

20. MBC

The Royal Arch degree is not a route. It confers only one degree and three ceremonies of installation to the Principals.
    Most of the degrees and orders require Royal Arch membership, some Rose Croix Chapter even require Royal Arch membership.

Share My Freemasonry