My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albert Pike

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I try not to judge that person and just focus on knowledge and wisdom. I may fully disagree with their choices of how one may have lived his/her life but knowledge and wisdom come in all shapes and forms.
Indeed. Henry Ford was an Anglophobe and as anti-Semitic as they came, but few ignore his legacy and walk everywhere they go.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Pike's book was published in 1872, and Industrial Revolution, probably, was happenin' at he same time, approx. 1760-1840. So, Pike, maybe've known about Thermodynamics.

When I write "our degrees" I mean the basic 3. The third degree was in place by the end of the 1720s. This thread is about the Scottish Rite motto and it's degrees came later. Thanks for that correction.

But, IMHO, of course, maybe I'm mistaken, but this motto "Ordo Ab Chao" is applicable to Social Science not to Natural Science.

Exactly. The human perception of chaos not the technical definition that is entropy. You asked if the order might be wrong and that lead me down the physical sciences path.

Lets pray for that -- World War 3 will not happen

I was in the military during the Cold War. To me that counted as WW-3 and it fortunately ended without nukes.

I have read too much history to be optimistic about the crusades happening in the world in this century. Count the centuries from the foundation of Christianity to the start of those Crusades. Count the centuries from the foundation of Islam to the start of the crusades happening now. The same number of centuries. Count the centuries that the first set of crusades happened. Hug your (great)^5th grandchildren. I pray that it never goes nuclear.

Let's pray for that -- Global Natural Disaster will not happen!

I have read too much science to think that will be avoided. I have also read enough history to know that society advances greatly during great disasters both natural and human made. Agriculture was invented because the glaciers receded. Rome and China both invented stable civil service governments during centuries of extremely heavy winters. The Renaissance happened during an era of widespread war. Airplanes were perfected during two large wars. Atomic power was invented during a large war. There's a curse - May you be born during interesting times. When it comes to natural disasters we were definitely born during interesting times.

I pray for a golden age to emerge from the trauma of natural disaster.

R

Ressam

Albert Pike was a Luciferian .. He's made some big claims about Lucifer and Freemasonry... That many masons don't agree with ... So take it as you will.

From my experience with Satanism and Luciferianism.. its almost the worship of the ego... which is destructive in the long run.. The ego is like a balloon filled with hot air.. as soon as it pops, its useless and reality hits hard.

Yes!
Selfishness & Mammon are the main concepts to struggle with. All problems come from these 2 things.
And another error is that -- Satan & Lucifer are the same beings!
Satan is -- The substance which is only existing within Humans on The Earth!
And The Lucifer is just -- The Extraterrestrial Civilization Boss, Who is acting with accordance with The Rules of GAOTU!
People should not confuse that matter!

R

Ressam

Woah that's an interesting perspective the last 2 sentences you said! Can you explain more in a pm conversation? I would love to hear. But keep in mind im not a mason.. just so you know not to mention masonic concepts i might not be familiar with.. I just want to hear about the "Lucifer is just the extraterrestrial civilization boss" part.. That sounds pretty interesting!

Nothin' interesting!
What exactly you wanna know?
Ask clear question.