My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Pickers

dfreybur

Premium Member
I have always wished there was a place where we could see those records who is and who isn't.

Grand lodges keep genealogy records, some in databases with rapid access. So far I don't know of any that are visible on-line.

Membership records by name and lodge are available if you know what jurisdiction a man would have been a member in. I don't think GLs give out membership data about living members but they do give it out for deceased members. I don't I want release of membership data on living members. Some want to be discreet. Based on country of residence and other factors some need to be discreet. That many of us are out to the point of rings and license plates is our choice not GL's.

There's at least one database package called MORI that spans multiple jurisdictions. If you ask a jurisdiction that happens to use MORI or some other similar package you'd get coverage of multiple jurisdictions so the guess of jurisdiction doesn't need to be as correct.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Grand lodges keep genealogy records, some in databases with rapid access. So far I don't know of any that are visible on-line.

Membership records by name and lodge are available if you know what jurisdiction a man would have been a member in. I don't think GLs give out membership data about living members but they do give it out for deceased members. I don't I want release of membership data on living members. Some want to be discreet. Based on country of residence and other factors some need to be discreet. That many of us are out to the point of rings and license plates is our choice not GL's.

There's at least one database package called MORI that spans multiple jurisdictions. If you ask a jurisdiction that happens to use MORI or some other similar package you'd get coverage of multiple jurisdictions so the guess of jurisdiction doesn't need to be as correct.

Good to know.

dfreybur

Premium Member
The pawn star guys might be.

A Pawn Star episode aired last night ended with the shop employees out back grilling burgers. The old man wore a cook's apron. Sure enough it had the the words "REAL MEN Wear Aprons" on it. Not a sure thing but I'd ask him what his lodge is if I saw him in that apron.

Mason653

A Pawn Star episode aired last night ended with the shop employees out back grilling burgers. The old man wore a cook's apron. Sure enough it had the the words "REAL MEN Wear Aprons" on it. Not a sure thing but I'd ask him what his lodge is if I saw him in that apron.

What was the name of that episode?

Freemason Connect Mobile

Bill B.

I saw something online not to long ago where Rick from pawn stars donated a lot of money to the shrine hospital. Could be a connection or maybe he's just generous.

Bill Britton
Entered apprentice
St. David's lodge #72 A.F.M.

John H.

I too have seen the shows where the WM chair was there, Shriners sign and the Odd Fellows jewels. I can never get a good look at their rings though!

Freemason Connect Mobile

BigDre357

I have seen the the episodes where they have have picked Masonic, shrine and odd fellow items and I can't really tell if they are our not because they have different reactions each time but I did watch an episode of Storage Hunters the other day and a couple on there bought a storage locker full of Masonic rings, swords and other regalia and on Hardcore Pawn Chicago a guy brought in a bunch of Masonic ritual books and some other things and on storage wars Jared and brandy found some shrine stuff in a locker but when you see their reactions it sends staged

P.M. Drennon ...SMIB /G\

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Rick Harrison from "Pawn Stars" has been a master mason since 1994.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Is this assumed, rumor, or proven? If you have insight as to the validity of Rick's membership, I would like to know.

There are a lot of rumors around the Internet concerning famous people these days which are often debunked one way or the other. I am just curious about your information sources...

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I have seen the the episodes where they have have picked Masonic, shrine and odd fellow items and I can't really tell if they are our not because they have different reactions each time but I did watch an episode of Storage Hunters the other day and a couple on there bought a storage locker full of Masonic rings, swords and other regalia and on Hardcore Pawn Chicago a guy brought in a bunch of Masonic ritual books and some other things and on storage wars Jared and brandy found some shrine stuff in a locker but when you see their reactions it sends staged

P.M. Drennon ...SMIB /G\

I can tell you that everything shown or "discovered" on Storage Wars is intentionally staged. There has already been one lawsuit filed as a result.

Adam Cumberland

I read from an internet source that Rick has been a Master Mason since 1994. It stated that he and his best friend John Michael Neill entered the Ancient Free Masonic Lodge #311 located in a small town of Simpsonville S.C. in June of 1994.

BigDre357

I have seen that adoption at a lot of stores it is like the the best cancer shirts that say real men wear pink

P.M. Drennon ...SMIB /G\