My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ancient Aliens Debunked

jvarnell

Premium Member
I see all ideas from everyone as good and the show has pointed me to look at other civilization and there beliefs. I always find it funny when people don't look at all things as a place to start cognitive thoughts about most of the time I don't come to the same conclusions most of the time but there has to be some fact or they could not have jumped to the conclusions they have.

I love Ancient Aliens but dislike all the others and am glad they put it on H2.

This therad is like the aint-mason thread in away people saying bad things without all the evedince others have. I am not saying they are right but they have some data that suports there hypothesis.

jvarnell

Premium Member
You mean this guy isn't a scientist?!

View attachment 2616

That being said, there's only so many facts a show like this can report before they have to start getting creative with their information.

Bringing up twisted facts is really opening a big can of worms though, because no argument about that can be complete without talking about the MSM. ;)

This is another thing are you looking at the external or the internal. I know I look goofie but I do that to be deferent and not the same as all you there ya'whos out there. I agree about the MSM coments because it is there internal view point I disagree with.

widows son

Premium Member
Exactly, I agree with you Brent. Brian Maloney, you are right that totalitarianism is a government, but your comment was that the reason the show is on tv is because the "scientists" have an opinion and have the freedom to express it, due to it being created in a country where they have that freedom. Very true. However monopolizing an idea, not bringing forth any other opinions that are much more valid, and bending the truth, even flipping the truth 360 to conform it to your own "hypothesis", to me that's intellectual totalitarianism. Kinda has a Kim Jong Il feel to it. Something tells me you like the show, which is fine but at least look at the counter theories by real scientists who do real research and have their work peer reviewed. The people in the show have ZERO credentials, and dont even cite their work. Brian I'm not here to offend you or to get into another skip heated argument, I presented information worthy of viewing, if youve watched the movie, and still don't agree I will debate you. I am aware of the politics involved in allowing it to be on tv, but unfortunately that is not the topic in question. I only made the comment of not believing its allowed on tv because of the stated points i have mentioned. Watch the movie then formulate an opinion to counter. Brian, just because something has the freedom to exist even if its "freedumb 2 b stupit" doesn't make it right to distort facts. By your logic, you would be ok with skip and his comments. Just seems like a double standard

jvarnell

Premium Member
I am sorry that I am posting somuch in a row here but when I saw this thread it seamed ..... Well I can't seem to put it into words. To me knowedge can me gleamed from any source sometimes it can be as much as 1% and others as much as 99%. I will never say anything is 100% right not even me. I would have never looked for information on "Gobeki Tepe" if it was not for AA or even the caves it india. I would not have read the mahabharata or looked at Ahura Mazda and the list gets biger ever day.........

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I don't look at him and say that his ideas are crap. I listen to him and say almost all of his ideas are crap. They take things on that show and say that ancient man could not have done this or that. Yet in the past people have proved that you can do some of those things with their technology. Take, for instance, Stonehenge, they say repeatedly that there was no possible way they could have built it. I mean huge multi-ton stones sitting on top of others? You need a crane yet some farmer in Minnesota or Michigan can do it by himself in his back yard without a crane. It's Occam's Razor not the theory of since I can't conceive how they did it it has to be aliens. Nobody really knows how the guy in Florida built the Coral Castle and how some of the things there work, does that mean aliens helped him?

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Exactly, I agree with you Brent. Brian Maloney, you are right that totalitarianism is a government, but your comment was that the reason the show is on tv is because the "scientists" have an opinion and have the freedom to express it, due to it being created in a country where they have that freedom. Very true. However monopolizing an idea, not bringing forth any other opinions that are much more valid, and bending the truth, even flipping the truth 360 to conform it to your own "hypothesis", to me that's intellectual totalitarianism.

So, should the government fine them, imprison them, or just kill them for doing this?

Something tells me you like the show

You are, of course, wrong. I find the show to be stupid and boring. It's a re-hash of 1970s von Daniken stuff. I read that all when I was a kid and found it silly then.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I don't look at him and say that his ideas are crap. I listen to him and say almost all of his ideas are crap. They take things on that show and say that ancient man could not have done this or that. Yet in the past people have proved that you can do some of those things with their technology. Take, for instance, Stonehenge, they say repeatedly that there was no possible way they could have built it. I mean huge multi-ton stones sitting on top of others? You need a crane yet some farmer in Minnesota or Michigan can do it by himself in his back yard without a crane. It's Occam's Razor not the theory of since I can't conceive how they did it it has to be aliens. Nobody really knows how the guy in Florida built the Coral Castle and how some of the things there work, does that mean aliens helped him?

There is a great deal of racism behind the "ancient astronauts" theory. The concept is that the "inferior races" could never have done what they did. Thus, it must have been done by "ancient astronauts", who somehow keep getting depicted as looking very much like modern white men...

widows son

Premium Member
Jvarnell have you watch the movie? Most likely not. These people are deceiving you and everyone who watches them. If you interested in ancient civilizations, don't start looking at people who have never went to university, have never worked in any of the sciences relating to the field of ancient archeology, have no credentials in physics, astronomy, language studies, ancient art, architecture, and the principles of flight. Before you defend a show that is comprised of pseudo scientists consider this. If this information is so blatant, and obvious, why isn't it accepted by the rest of the real world? Why has many scientist refuted the works of these people? The fact is they are not refuting the possibility of life existing, but what they are refuting is their logic, their method of obtaining their observations, and their inability to understand the facts that have been found with detailed scientific observation. Again jvarnell you are defending something and haven't even heard then other side. You aren't giving yourself or your ancestors enough credit for the feats and challenges they overcame in the past. Like I said to Brian Maloney, watch the video and if you still believe the "ancient astronaut theorists" then I will gladly debate you on the subject.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I watched the video. I did not believe the ancient astronaut stuff beforehand. I do not believe it now. Nevertheless, that does not change the fact that History Channel is allowed to call their crap "history" because we do not live in a police state. You might want to live in a police state, where government uses its power to dictate what is and is not true, but I do not.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
There is a great deal of racism behind the "ancient astronauts" theory. The concept is that the "inferior races" could never have done what they did. Thus, it must have been done by "ancient astronauts", who somehow keep getting depicted as looking very much like modern white men...

I have never thought of it that way. Now that you mention it though, I can see that.

jvarnell

Premium Member

Well I look past it when they say it could not have been done without Alien help and look at what the ancient texts say and try to figure out why they said the thing they did.

The scientific method steps are:

• Ask a Question
  • Do Background Research
  • Construct a Hypothesis
  • Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
  • Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
  • Communicate Your Results

And this show is doing this eveyone here is disupting the shows out come and calling names without doing there own peer review of the facts. I have found no one place with all the data they use for there Hypothesis so I will not say anything about the word stupid in the statment "freedumb 2 b stupid"

Stupid is lacking intelagents; but it takes intelagents to know you are ignorant wich is the lack of knowledge.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. — Benjamin Franklin

jvarnell

Premium Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by BryanMaloney

I have never thought of it that way. Now that you mention it though, I can see that.

I think y'all are reading to much into this!

widows son

Premium Member
No Brian they shouldn't kill them. Obviously. But the powers that be should have a tighter grip on what's allowed to be put on tv, just like they do when it come to R and X rated material. Wean through the BS and maybe put something on that's actually history oriented. I don't understand why you defend it of you dont agree with it. The only thing that can come out of watching that show is leading you further from the truth. If America prides itself as a country with intellectualism, why show something that has been repeatedly proven wrong? It's only compromising its image. If aliens really did come to earth I hardly think they would interfere with a species that is still evolving. The fact that they have the power to travel here means they are at the climax of their, personal, social, scientific, and possibly religious aspects of their society. They would know the repercussions of their interference

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I know what the scientific method is and yet I fail to ever see those on the Ancient Aliens show using it, thus rendering any of their results or conclusions invalid. I hear and see nothing more than a hypothesis and with out reliable, repeatable experimentation to back their claims it is nothing more than their opinion.

“The Scientific Method is a wonderful tool as long as you don't care which way the outcome turns; however, this process fails the second one's perception interferes with the interpretation of data. This is why I don’t take anything in life as an absolute…even if someone can “prove” it “scientifically.”
Cristina Marrero

Last edited:

widows son

Premium Member
Wow Brian. The shit that history channel puts on is not history. People have worked their entire lives in their field of science to show the world the truth. I cant believe you just accept what's on tv because freedom says its allowed to be shown. That's is the biggest load of BS I've heard. As for you police state comment, how is the current situation now in which history channel displays information that's false not conform to a police state? They are lying to you, isn't that what police states do? Not accepting information because it's false isn't a violation of freedom, it's realizing it's BS.

jvarnell

Premium Member
I know what the scientific method is and yet I fail to ever see those on the Ancient Aliens show using it, thus rendering any of their results or conclusions invalid. I hear and see nothing more than a hypothesis and with out reliable, repeatable experimentation to back there claims it is nothing more than their opinion.

“The Scientific Method is a wonderful tool as long as you don't care which way the outcome turns; however, this process fails the second one's perception interferes with the interpretation of data. This is why I don’t take anything in life as an absolute…even if someone can “prove” it “scientifically.”
Cristina Marrero

Do you beleive that a paper published in NASA tech breifs, JAMA or any other publication has a conclustion that is 100% right? All the TV show is or anyother publication is someone publishing their work so as others can do a peer review and I for one want all information so I can draw my own conclustions. You don't have to beleive it to like it. And by saying this show is stupid you have done what you quoted by "perception interferes with the interpretation of data" and say it should not be on the history channel.

widows son

Premium Member
Actually, the show isn't there as a peer review, mr. Varnell, it's there because they have "discovered something " which they haven't. Mr. Varnell like I said watch the movie, then come up with your conclusions, but only after you've seen both sides. You can't formulate an opinion of your biased to one side

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
This show is hardly what you could call peer reviewed. It is producer reviewed for ratings nothing more.

And by saying this show is stupid you have done what you quoted by "perception interferes with the interpretation of data" and say it should not be on the history channel.

I guess I am not sure what you are saying here. Please explain.

That particular part of the quote is relevant to the fact that these people believe so much in the AA theory that even when proof elsewhere exists that is contrary to their view it is summarily dismissed. Hence "perception interferes with the interpretation of data".

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Some of these people on this show also remind me of the moon hoax believers. It doesn't matter how many times you prove what they say is impossible they will not change their mind. Hmm, you know that sounds kind of like a certain someone who used to post here.