My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ancient Aliens Debunked

jvarnell

Premium Member
One quick question has anyone watched all 4 seasions? This question is because the debunck of the debunck that should go like this "Why did the ancient aliens debuncked show say that it started in 2010 when it clearly started in 2009 are they hiding something by leaving the first year out?"

The last was just a joke if y'all did not get it I was Laughing alot when I typed it. I crack my self up sometimes.

widows son

Premium Member
Well my friend we are two very different people. Faith is not proof which is way it's called faith, proof is proof. AA didn't create the universe the GAOTU did, which is why they are different. AA cast believe the gods are the aliens, not God. If your belief is nobody is right that is fine, but may i say that eventually a right answer comes up, sometimes contradictory to ones own belief, and sometimes whether people like it or not, the truth won't go away. In my world, objectivity and skepticism, and acceptance to change are what I thinks allows humans to advance, from ancient times to now, and in the future.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
There is also nothing in the debunking video that can be proved as fact. These are agnostic statments and you can not prove faith but it is just as real as anything else to the beholder and someone else can tell me what I have faith in.

Therefore, since it is a matter of "faith", the ancient alien thing is a religion for you. Are all religions true?

widows son

Premium Member
But it's not a religion they are using the AA theory to explain away ancient religion, they are using it scientifically, yes they have faith in their ideas but they don't consider them religious, they are claiming them to be scientific.

jvarnell

Premium Member
AA isn't a religion nor can it be

Who says? As I say Religion is a term of art. We all know what is and we all belveive it different.

Religion
noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.

5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

jvarnell

Premium Member
Therefore, since it is a matter of "faith", the ancient alien thing is a religion for you. Are all religions true?

I also would be starting a fight if I told you what I beleive about all except one and I will not tell you that one on the web site.

jvarnell

Premium Member
Bro. Varnell I see what your saying, I apologize for any misunderstanding.

No apology ever need to me I just keep refining my point untill I think everyone understands my where I am comming form. You the main one here that has the opinions I am seeking so I can see the other side of the coin. Sometimes I have trouble with that.

widows son

Premium Member
Ok I'm watchin AA right now and they're talking about a Mayan complex where the legend says it was built over night, and of course the AA are believing it to be literal. This is why I say watch the documentary.

jwhoff

Premium Member
AA?

Alcoholics anonymous?

Just a thought. I've known several good ole boys back in the day who could swear they saw ...

:sneaky2:

Godfrey Daniel

Do you have to have credentials for your theory to be right?

In addition, what kind of credentials would make someone an 'expert' on the subject?

I'm not of the opinion that a wall full of diplomas is necessarily an indication of wisdom (nor am I saying it isn't - like everything else, it depends). The old saw, "a Ph.D is the result of learning more and more about less and less", is often a truism. I know of a course-for-credit in "wine-tasting". I am familiar with a philosophy prof who taught a course in "The Philosophy of Rock-And-Roll". Back in the day, when I was asked about my own major, I would respond, "I'm majoring in female anatomy, with a minor in discotechnology". Nowadays, you can actually graduate with degrees for it.

Giorgio Tsoukalos has a BA in "communication", and I believe that makes him an expert at what he does. He is a self-promoter and he has found his niche. Prior to making it big in the ancient alien business, he was a professional bodybuilding promoter. I would have guessed the WWF, but close enough.

He is part owner and major contributor of a magazine, and is "available for interviews, lectures, TV appearances or any other promotional work . . . " Giorgio recognizes that this is his moment, and he's going to milk it for all it's worth. His success is evidenced by the fact that we are discussing his show. You go, Giorgio. Play that guitar on the MTV.

Sadly, in a world of "reality" TV programming, it really doesn't take much to become an expert. The smaller the pond, the larger the fish can grow, especially if the audience is uneducated. The solution, if indeed a solution is called for, is fairly simple: don't feed the fish. Caveat emptor.

Last edited:

widows son

Premium Member
The fact that he is a self promoter should be enough for people, and the same goes for all of them on that show. To make claims that flower of life patterns are burned into rock by lasers, or that it would have been impossible for humans to precisely cut stone, among other things is just ludicrous. The history channel has the responsibility to put on shows that are history, not pseudo history, and if putting on shows such as this one it should make it very clear that the people who are coming up with these theories aren't scientists, just people who write books and speculate, and that the show is just THEORY. If the showed other theories other than the Ancient Aliens presented then I think the show would be more credible