My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aprons

widows son

Premium Member
"Seriously? I'm thinking of Cinderella's ugly step-sisters trying to stuff their huge feet into the petite glass slipper - some things just don't fit. I've read about analogies of the descent of spirit into matter, geometrical significances, and controlling passions, but androgyny? Reflections on the Cause, the Source, or the ultimate Unity?"

• I think he's referring to the unity of polarity, and the similarities to our aprons. Male/female, left brain/right brain etc. By wearing the apron we mask our gender. I dunno, he explains it much better than I do. I think its a great book. And thanks ill check those books out brother.

FlBrother324

Br. Godfrey i must agree with you regarding this statement from our esteemed Brother.

I am currently the W:. M:. of my Lodge in Florida, the proper protocol per our Grand Jurisdiction is to wear the Apron under the jacket. I take exception to a Brother stating another to be ignorant of protocols. For all you know it is the way they are expected to wear their Apron accordingly to their local or state's Jurisdictions protocols.

We are all Brothers on the Level, and if you feel you must be corrective of another, please before you cast judgement on your Brother, find out if they work under differing rules. Remember, you could be the one incorrectly wearing of your Apron when Traveling to other Lodges, how would you feel if a Brother called you "ignorant"?

If a Brother from your Lodge or Jurisdiction is improperly wearing his Apron then the ignorance is do to a lack of proper training from their fellow Brethren, especially if they are recently raised MM.

Remember your tenets, to keep one's emotions controlled towards another Brother at all times.
Surely you were taught this during your teachings as a Brother?

May the Almighty, bless you and protect you during your Travels my Brother.

Yours, in His service.

Last edited:

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Br. Godfrey i must agree with you regarding this statement from our esteemed Brother.

I am currently the W:. M:. of my Lodge in Florida, the proper protocol per our Grand Jurisdiction is to wear the Apron under the jacket. I take exception to a Brother stating another to be ignorant of protocols. For all you know it is the way they are expected to wear their Apron accordingly to their local or state's Jurisdictions protocols.

We are all Brothers on the Level, and if you feel you must be corrective of another, please before you cast judgement on your Brother, find out if they work under differing rules. Remember, you could be the one incorrectly wearing of your Apron when Traveling to other Lodges, how would you feel if a Brother called you "ignorant"?

If a Brother from your Lodge or Jurisdiction is improperly wearing his Apron then the ignorance is do to a lack of proper training from their fellow Brethren, especially if they are recently raised MM.

Remember your tenets, to keep one's emotions controlled towards another Brother at all times.

May the Almighty, bless you and protect you during your Travels my Brother.

Yours, in His service.

I do believe that I properly addressed the concerns of the Brethren regarding my usage of the word "ignorant". However since you feel the need to address this once again, here is my earlier response.

As to "ignorant"; Ignorant in this usage is defined as: {lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact}. In this case, in Texas it is standard protocol that the apron be worn above or outside all other garments. Rest assured that if you choose to enter a Texas Lodge room with your apron under your coat, you will (as my Brother JJones mentioned) be quickly corrected by the Brethren of the Lodge.

I will not clarify this again, and I take offense to your "rant" towards me as you seem to be the only one who has taken the verbiage so personally. It is a curse and blessing to live in a society who's language offers such diversity and meaning within its vocabulary.

Last edited:

Godfrey Daniel

Well stated, Worshipful. Much time is spent extolling the need for Masonic "education," but so little time, it seems, is spent studying Masonry:
"Judge with candor, admonish with friendship . . . "

Last edited:

Godfrey Daniel

I will not clarify this again, and I take offense to your "rant" towards me as you seem to be the only one who has taken the verbiage so personally.

When I first responded to this thread, it was because I took exception to your use of the word "ignorant" in the context which it was used. How about, ". . . as you are uninstructed?" Just a thought.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
When I first responded to this thread, it was because I took exception to your use of the word "ignorant" in the context which it was used. How about, ". . . as you are uninstructed?" Just a thought.

How about people not reading threads or posts "looking" to be offended!?!

We have a plague in our society today relating directly to this very subject matter. There is a large amount of people who honestly perceive that everyone else is out to get them. I am by no means accusing you, I do not know you personally and can not arrive at such conclusion without advanced knowledge. My choosing to use the word ignorant in the referenced context is what it is, I could have chosen numerous other substitutions from a thesaurus which I can only assume may have been taken just as offensively.

Choose an alternate from these: http://thesaurus.com/browse/ignorant

We have also run in to similar discussion with the usage of the words "Clandestine, Irregular" in this forum.

I did not take an issue with the manner in which you handled my original post, however the most recent post by our other Worthy Brother "FlBrother324" was a direct "attack" towards me personally no matter the "politeness" of his verbiage selection or sentence construction.

I do feel that my choosing to use the term "ignorant" was clarified by myself quite thoroughly previous to recent commentary.

Last edited:

dfreybur

Premium Member
Remember, you could be the one incorrectly wearing of your Apron when Traveling to other Lodges

As a visitor I should and do wear my apron as specified in my own jurisdictions. Variations of this type are one of the beauties of Masonry and a good conversation starter once the lodge is at refreshment.

how would you feel if a Brother called you "ignorant"?

Visiting a Florida lodge or a lodge in any jurisdiction other than my own list, I would wear my apron in the California, Illinois or Texas manner consistent with the custom in my jurisdictions. Were I to be called ignorant for doing that, my knowledge of the jurisdiction would be increased but I would no longer be the ignorant one. I would have on the spot learned that the local custom is different from the custom in my three jurisdictions. Just as your post just educated me about this detail of apron customs in your jurisdiction.

The local brother calling me ignorant would in fact be the ignorant one. Having learned his jurisdiction's custom I would inform him of my jurisdictions' customs. Of course we all know how that works - Ignorance is cured by education.

FlBrother324

I do believe that I properly addressed the concerns of the Brethren regarding my usage of the word "ignorant". However since you feel the need to address this once again, here is my earlier response.

I will not clarify this again, and I take offense to your "rant" towards me as you seem to be the only one who has taken the verbiage so personally. It is a curse and blessing to live in a society who's language offers such diversity and meaning within its vocabulary.

My esteemed Br. Stewart,

As my Masonic Brother I would like to apologize to you publicly for my previous post directed to you.
It was directed to you, because it was your post I took exception to. It would be rather odd to address it to someone else. It was done sincerely and without malice towards you.

I was just trying to point out that as a Brother, I took exception to your post. I'm well aware that it was not directed to me personally, nor did I say it was. Regarding your statement it was presumptuous of you to make a blanket statement such as you did.

Regarding my "rant" as you put it, I was merely stating my reasons for taking exception to the content of your post.

I take nothing said in this forum "Personally", we are all Brothers here, and I find it refreshing to be able to discuss things with my Brethren from around the globe. I do expect varying responses to things I might say in my posts, and if I've stated things incorrectly or caused offense, then I gladly accept those critiques from my Brethren and apply it to my growing knowledge base of all things Masonic.

Finding this forum was a delight for me, and though I am a veritable " new comer" here, I find it to be quite enlightening at times, and have enjoyed many topics that have been discussed within it.

Let us agree to disagree and move on to more Light together as Brothers. I hold no animosity towards anyone on this forum ( even the Crazy People we've encountered here ), I only want to enjoy learning from my Brethren whenever possible.

I thank you, and all the Brethren responsible for making this such a wonderful forum to be a part of.

May the GAOTU watch over you and your family, and you be blessed with peace and harmony through your daily travels.

Yours, in His service.

W:.Br. Richard Corcoran

P.S.

If you are ever in N. Central Florida (west coast) please come visit with us as my guest, I promise that you will be well fed, and treated like Family.

God Bless you my Brother.

Goodnight Y'all ! :)

Last edited:

Bro.Hill

I agree with you because I have been to different lodges up north and are way different from the south. Great experience to be apart of

Freemason Connect HD