Being Challenged

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by mrpierce17, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

If someone tried to take my personal property from me one of us would, indeed, get knocked out!

Bill Lins, Cootr68 and CLewey44 like this.
  2. Mel Knight

Mel Knight Registered User

I won't engage if I don't know you personally, unless we're in lodge

Warrior1256 and Bill Lins like this.
  3. Warrior1256

Makes perfect sense to me. If I see a man in public wearing a Masonic ring, lapel pin, etc. if I do anything it will be to approach the man, stick out my hand and say "Hello, I'm from such and such lodge in Kentucky. Where are you from?" No actual Masonic Communication.

4. flipster

flipster Registered User

If anyone tried to forcibly remove any of my personal items, I would remind them they promised not to cheat, wrong, nor defraud me. Heck, might even get into why they might be giving the GHS of distress. LOL. Actually, I have never had an unkind exchange with a mason.

Warrior1256 and Travelling Man91 like this.
  5. Warrior1256

Same here, but I have been reading on this forum that some people will actually try to take your Masonic "bling" if you can not prove to their satisfaction that you are a Mason and this actually does make me angry. My reply to such a person would be "If you get it you'll take it".

6. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

If I'm not mistaken, it's more of a Prince Hall thing. I've spoke with many "Mainstream" masons, and they have never heard of such. I really don't know who started it, but I was friends with a guy on face book that took a guys hat because he had a square and compass on it and he couldn't answer the questions the guy asked. Not to mention, the questions are what you call "Street Masonry". How could a man sleep at night especially a brother mason knowing he stole from a brother all because he was not as knowledgeable as you. I must say, I removed that brother from my friends list. Kinda makes me even wonder if the guy was really a mason. For one, it's unmasonic to steal not to mention it's against our obligation.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  7. Warrior1256

I'm a peaceful man but if this guy had attempted to take my personal property I would do my best to see that he failed in his attempt and had nothing must multiple bumps, bruises and abrasions to show for it.

Cootr68 and Travelling Man91 like this.
  8. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

I know how upset it makes you, I feel the same way. It's the same in the Elks lodge also. They take if you can't "defend" I think it's stupid

Warrior1256 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry