Best Antivirus?

Discussion in 'The Refreshment Lounge' started by Michaelstedman81, May 24, 2011.

1. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

I've found penicillin still works on a few things. Especially if it comes in a large dose.

2. AnthonyBolding

AnthonyBolding Registered User

I work with computers, that's my job. I recommend Avira. It is free and you can also buy the premium one. It works really well and mozilla is a great browser to get. I would not recommend internet explorer.

3. MikeMay

MikeMay Premium Member

Brother, if you can figure out a way to give penicillin to a computer.....my neighbor has an old machine that died from a virus.

4. Michaelstedman81

Michaelstedman81 Premium Member

Toshiba :( Wish I would have stuck with HP...lol

5. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

i don't use any AV program. I just do my banking while at work and format my computer every 6 months or so. :)

6. MikeMay

MikeMay Premium Member

:lol:

7. kwilbourn

kwilbourn Registered User

I've used Avira and AVG in the past, both pretty good for free products. I now use Vipre; I'm very satisfied with it, malware detection is as good as most stand alone programs, virus detection is first-rate, and it has the lowest memory overhead of anything I've ever tested. I use the stand-alone version on my home computer, and the Enterprise centralized version for the ~200 computers we keep tabs on at the office.

8. kwilbourn

kwilbourn Registered User

Ha! We actually have some users we are forcing onto non-persistent desktops, where it goes back to the image on every reboot. :) Travel agencies: you'll never find a more wretched hive...

Share My Freemasonry