Bogus, Clandestine, Unrecognized, and In All Ways Irregular

Discussion in 'Masonic Blogs' started by My Freemasonry, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

Off topic, but I see no need to start another thread when in same in the same category. I was speaking with the GL of TN and they said for a PHA mason to petition their lodges, he has to first denounce his membership. What are your brothers thoughts on this ?

Sent from my 831C using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

I don't know about the terminology of denounce but PHA doesn't allow multiple dual whatever you want to call it memberships Sophia PHA member to join any Grand Lodge of State they would have to no longer be members of a PHA jurisdiction. I believe either Minnesota or Michigan is the only PHA jurisdiction that allows duel or plural membership. Afaik PHA doesnt even allow its members to be members of more then 1 lodge in their own jurisdictions

3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Denounce or Renounce ?

Me, I am a fan of duel memberships - I can't see how a GL should restrict freedom of association - esp with other regular freemasons from GLs you are in amity with...

4. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

They don't recognize any PHA grand lodge and most PHA jurisdictions don't allow you to have dual or multiple affiliations.

5. MRichard

Not sure if you are really interested but you would have a better chance with the Grand Lodge of Georgia if you are still staying in the same place. Gate City Lodge #2 has several Black members. http://www.gatecity2.org/officers.html

6. Travelling Man91

Correction, renounce. The problem is, my GL is not in Amity with the State GL. (PHA and GL of state). He said the first step is to fill out a form to renounce PHA. Then you can petition a lodge. That means if the GL of state blue Lodge doesn't vote you in then you will no longer be a active mason in any Lodge. I'm pretty sure if a man renounced PHA and he didn't get in, PHA would not let him back in.

7. MRichard

That is why you visit the lodge you want to join and discuss your situation many times before you denounce your membership. Other brothers have done it.

8. Travelling Man91

I tried to PM you, but it would not let me

9. Travelling Man91

What are your thoughts on renouncing your membership ?

10. MRichard

Okay, will try to send you one

11. MRichard

Sent you a pm.

12. dizlwizl

dizlwizl Premium Member

I can understand if a grand body requires you to renounce your affiliation (PHA to mainstream or vice versa ) since PHA doesn't allow dual/plural membership between both GLs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using My Freemasonry mobile app

MRichard likes this.
  13. Travelling Man91

You believe PHA would let someone back in if they renounce ?

14. MRichard

I have no idea. There are probably some brothers that would know.

15. dizlwizl

dizlwizl Premium Member

So far, no one that has left PHA (in TX ) and gone mainstream has come back and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to.

16. MRichard

I think he means if the ballot was found unfavorable. If you were forced to renounce your membership, then you would be in bad shape then.

17. dizlwizl

dizlwizl Premium Member

Not exactly true. The brother that left PHA left for personal reasons. Demitted and I believe was told that he had to renounce PHA upon restarting with the GLOTX.

18. MRichard

Not sure who you are responding to but he appears to be asking about his situation. He lives in Georgia not Texas. Totally different situation.

19. Joe Ellis

Joe Ellis https://UniqueFreemason.com Premium Member

'A legitimate branch of Freemasonry'?

20. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Now, you know what is meant by that term and you are aware your obedience is not considered such by UGLE or CGMNA GLs.

Share My Freemasonry