My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brother Bill Lins

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
It is with great sadness to report that Brother Bill Lins has passed away. Brother Lins was one of the founding members of this forum and has served as Moderator since 2008. I had the opportunity to visit with Brother Lins on numerous occasions and to say that he will be missed would be an understatement. May the Great Architect of the Universe welcome Brother Lins into the Celestial Lodge above and provide comfort to his family.

I will update this thread when arrangements have been finalized.

otherstar

I had the pleasure of being in the 11th Degree with Bill at that Houston SR. He was always kind, funny, and a joy to be around. He was a Mason's Mason and will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

TheThumbPuppy

That's sad. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
I had never met Bill, but I'm grateful that I could know him through this forum.

Last edited:

Martin Strarup

Bill was a very good friend of mine and he most certainly will be missed by those who knew him. He was a good and faithful Mason.
We became friends in 2000 when I was District Deputy Grand Master and he was Raised. Those 21 years or so sure went by fast.

His Obituary.

William Anthony (Bill) Lins was born June 14, 1953 at Detroit, Michigan, and died Tuesday April 13, 2021 in Wharton.

He was a proud graduate of the Marine Military Academy and attended the University of Houston and Texas A&M University. He served with the Houston ISD, City of Bellaire, and City of Wharton Police Departments, and the Wharton County Sheriff’s Office.

He was the owner & co-founder of Glass Southwest in Wharton, Texas.

Bill was raised a Master Mason in 2000; was a Past Master of Wharton #621 and El Campo #918; was District Deputy Grand Master of District #32 in 2005; and served as District Instructor from 2006 until his death. He was awarded the Golden Trowel in 2008 and again in 2015 and joined the Houston Scottish Rite in 2011. He also previously served on the Rainbow Assembly #94 Advisory Board. In addition, he enjoyed fishing, motorcycle riding, football, and NASCAR racing.

He was preceded in death by his father, Larry, his stepmother, Ellie Purswell, and his eldest son, Bryan.

Bloke

Premium Member
Saddened to read this.

I've never met Bro Bill but being to interact with him here was a privilege
There is no doubt in my mind that he is a Freemason who would have lived respected and died regretted.

Condolences to his family and all those in his circle, including his cyber friends here.

So Mote It Be.