Can a Non-Christian become a Mason?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Blake Bowden, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Ahmed

Ahmed Registered User

Coachn as far as I know
    Muslim brotherhood are not related in any of freemasonry.
    They are cloning some false idea of false informations and add it in there Manuel if you are referring for Muslim brothers.

Freemason Connect Mobile - is it wrong to ask to be free and limitless ?

2. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

I believe coachn was referring to Muslim members of Masonry, who would rightly be called Muslim Brothers. He has Brethren in his lodge who are of that faith, as do many of us.

3. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Yes! And they do participate in circumscriptions, just as all of us have.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. Pointwithinacircle

Pointwithinacircle Registered User

Just today I was researching Brother Rudyard Kipling so that I could give his Masonic biography along with one of his poems in Lodge tonight.

This is what he writes of his Lodge experience: "I was Secretary for some years of the Lodge of Hope and Perseverance, No. 782, E.C., Lahore, English Constitution, which included Brethren of at least four creeds. I was entered by a member from Brahmo Somaj, a Hindu, passed by a Mohammedan, and raised by an Englishman. Our Tyler was an Indian Jew.

5. Dow Mathis

Dow Mathis Premium Member

Fascinating! Could you possibly provide me with a copy? Also, I'd love to see your sources. Kipling is one of my favorites. Oh, and welcome to the site!

6. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

7. Dow Mathis

Dow Mathis Premium Member

Thanks, JC!

8. Pointwithinacircle

Pointwithinacircle Registered User

You can find a brief masonic biography of Kipling here: http://www.masonicdictionary.com/kipling.html
    Or for a more complete biography you can go to the Philalethes site here: http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/kipling.html

Kipling writes: "I was Secretary for some years of the Lodge of Hope and Perseverance, No. 782, E.C., Lahore, English Constitution, which included Brethren of at least four creeds. I was entered by a member from Brahmo Somaj, a Hindu, passed by a Mohammedan, and raised by an Englishman. Our Tyler was an Indian Jew.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  9. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

When I asked to join I was simply asked if I believed in the existence of a supreme being. To this day no one has asked what religion I believe in .

10. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Nor should they.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  11. Chandanlohia

Chandanlohia Registered User

Religion and politics has no place in freemasonry. We are a bunch of spiritual dudes, and respect the rights of others as much as we respect our own.

Share My Freemasonry