My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we?

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Brother, when I am in Lodge, I leave everything else at the door, I am in 'my own world'.

As for dwindling numbers, I visited a Lodge 97 kms away in the countryside, was an hour and 20 minutes drive from where I live. The WM was so happy that he had a visitor from the city, that too an unaccompanied EA. When he found out I could not stay for the festive board as I had to rush back to city for night shift, he 'gifted' me with the transcript of the lecture that was presented. It is moments like this that motivate me to visit whenever I can.

Where do you live and what GL are you under? I’ve never heard of EAs being able to visit alone

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Elexir

Well there ya go. How do you prove urself a mason as an EA?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Ive never been tried but some knowledge from the EA degree is good to have.
The thing is that we are full members from our first degree so we have the right to travel between lodges prior to becoming MM. Its pretty good considering that it takes months between EA and FC so it could get a little boring if you where confined to only one lodge.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Ive never been tried but some knowledge from the EA degree is good to have.
The thing is that we are full members from our first degree so we have the right to travel between lodges prior to becoming MM. Its pretty good considering that it takes months between EA and FC so it could get a little boring if you where confined to only one lodge.

So you just walked right in?

dfreybur

Premium Member
How do you prove urself a mason as an EA?

In Texas EAs are given a temporary "dues card" to use should they wish to attend other lodges. They are encouraged to attend in their district. After the FC degree their card is swapped with one marking them as an FC. The cards are color coded.

It's easy enough to offer to exchange what was learned at the altar during each degree. Since the "dues card" only works within the jurisdiction there will be no variations of detail.

Symthrell

In Texas EAs are given a temporary "dues card" to use should they wish to attend other lodges. They are encouraged to attend in their district. After the FC degree their card is swapped with one marking them as an FC. The cards are color coded.

It's easy enough to offer to exchange what was learned at the altar during each degree. Since the "dues card" only works within the jurisdiction there will be no variations of detail.

Wish my state had that, it would have made my time as both an EA and FC a bit more interesting. I feel like that would have broadened the horizon a little.

dpk Shah

Premium Member
Wish my state had that, it would have made my time as both an EA and FC a bit more interesting. I feel like that would have broadened the horizon a little.

It would definitely have Brother. Visiting different Lodges has most definitely broaden my horizons.

Bro. TJ Garrison

Some lodges need to fail. I remember a few years ago attending lodge and the upstairs area was in such disrepair, that a MM lodge was opened around the dinner table on the first floor. Since that time the Lodge has demised.
You're kidding. A dinner table. What was so wrong upstairs.

David612

I travel alone and I’m an EA, the chances of me not knowing someone there is thin as I made a point of getting to know the DGIW for our region and as he is almost asuradly at every meeting he could vouch for me if need be, I’ve been tested in the usual manner and have had brothers I’ve known simply give their word at the west gate on my behalf.

Bloke

Premium Member
As others have mentioned in their replies, every year we try to open at least once at a Table Lodge, often bringing several lodges together for the event.