My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Work?

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
Would you be intrested in more of a role in Masonry being a larger Charitable Organization? Such as working at homeless shelters, lending a hand helping elderly keep a house up, adopt a family at Christmas.

I guess I am just wondering what else besides scholarships do we do? I know we do a little here and there but if you really think about it could we not play a little bigger part in a cause and get a bigger reward both publicly and personally, if that makes sense?

My brother, my lodge donates money to our volunteer fire department, EMT, group, the Inner Faith Caring Ministries, the US Govt Census Bureau, our local high school students via scholorships, and to our local retirement center by holding ice cream socials for the residents there. Not to mention the GL Library and Museum, the Scottish Rite Hospital, and the Shrine burn center..

There are many charities you can or your lodge can donate to.

Zack

There are any number of worthy organizations that can be contributed to but first and foremost, in my mind, is The Masonic Home for our aged Brothers, wives and widows.