My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas lodge activities?

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
OK, so I was wondering if you or your lodge does any Christmas activities. Do you have programs like Christmas baskets for Widows, or orphans, or the needy? Does you lodge help provide a meal or gifts to a select few less fortunate? My lodge Is doing more than we have ever done in the past around this time and I was getting ideas for the future. For example, this year we decided to buy 3 full christmas dinners for 3 different families. One is a brother that has a back issue and is out of work so we are giving him a Christmas dinner and a monetary donation. Another is a local widow with no kids at home, not a masonic widow, one Christmas meal and a monetary donation. The last will be to a family with kids and they will get a dinner and we are going to buy the kids gift cards to their favorite stores.
This is a major change from the normal donation to Christmas express we donate to faithfully.

Thanks in advance.

Bro. Staton

I spoke with my WM about doing a Christmas Basket for the Widows. I just got the stuff and it's very inexpensive to do and is a great gesture. I would love to do a widow's dinner at the lodge too but I don't want to over flood them with requests lol...

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Our Lodge, in conjunction with another, conducts a toy run every year to raise money with which to purchase Christmas presents for the children of the clients of our battered women's shelter. We did the toy run last month. Tonight we are doing the toy shopping. We will wrap the presents this weekend & distribute them early next week.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
toy run shopping 12-15-14-3.jpg
toy run shopping 12-15-14-2.jpg
toy run shopping 12-15-14.jpg
Here's some pics from the shopping trip- thanks to everyone who helped! We bought presents for 73 kids this year...
toy run shopping 12-15-14.jpg
toy run shopping 12-15-14-2.jpg

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Our Lodge hosts an annual Christmas Dinner in conjuction with honoring our Widows. In years past we have opened this evening of dinner and music to the local women's shelter. We usually have a fairly large turn out for this event.

otherstar

Our Lodge has an annual Christmas party. Each family brings one boy gift and one girl gift and we have a potluck dinner. Every child under a certain age (I think the cutoff is 12), gets to see Santa and get's a toy from the pile. The leftover food and toys are donated to a needy family (or two) in the area.

Tony Uzzell

If your Lodge is close to a DeMolay Chapter (geographically or otherwise), a lot of DeMolay Chapters have close relationships with Toys 4 Tots (Texas even sponsors a social event....a dance, natch....to get the toys together for the Marines. You could always work with them to get toys together and put them together with the kids.

It would also give your Lodge a closer working relationship with a group of young men who are already positively slanted toward Lodge membership when they turn 18. What could that do for your Lodge's membership numbers?

Companion Joe

Premium Member
We give a fruit basket to any widow whose husband died during the year.

Our Commandery has a Christmas observance that is open to everyone.

vangoedenaam

Premium Member
My lodge is closed. Theres a pause between the saint John and the Sylvester celebrations. Christmas doesnt have a Masonic connotation in my country in the blue lodge. (The Netherlands) Probably because we arent as religious in masonry as some other jurisdictions.