My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Church Objection?

Tyler Atkinson

I recently went through a series of questioning wether or not christianity was compatible with freemasonry. Is freemasonry a religion? Absolutley not. Is it religous? Absolutley! I just wonder alot of times how some masons go around the fact of it being religous.

Sent from my SM-G935V using My Freemasonry mobile app

jermy Bell

My dad asked the same thing. I told him that we open and close with prayer to god.we initiate a new brother with the holy bible. We are not a religion, but you have to believe in a all divine being, and we do for our community, charity, and children.

hfmm97

Premium Member
My troop met in a Presbyterian church and held daily nondenominational prayers at summer camp and at Boy Scout functions...fellow scouts was my troop unique in that? And I maintain that Boy Scouts was and is not a religion

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

hfmm97

Premium Member
Before I joined the lodge, I was a nominal Christian: due to the influence of the Freemasons, I was motivated to learn biblical Greek for NT and using the Torah, I developed a deep appreciation for the OT and tried learning a little Hebrew

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Rifleman1776

Has anyone had their church make an issue of your being a Freemason? I've been reading through some Presbyterian Church doctrine and it's saying that Freemasonry is not only a religion, but incompatible with the Christian faith! How is there a conflict? Masonry is supposed to be areligious and apolitical, but they cite "evidence" that Freemasons consider the rituals and oaths religious in nature, thereby conflicting with Christianity.

This is disturbing to me, not only because I'm interested in pursuing Freemasonry but I also don't want to create friction with my family and the church! I find it hard to believe that Freemasons consider Masonry a religion in and of itself. And here I thought anti-masonry only dwelled in the more radical elements of the Christian faith.

Has anyone had to defend their membership with their church? Success/failure? What did you end up doing? Any info/guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Freemason Connect HD
This is simply an issue that is not possible to debate. The anti-Mason churches (most of them) have fixed, if incorrect, notions about what Masonry is all about. I have had this discussion with several pastors and their minds are locked closed, there is no reasoning with them. My church is anti-Mason but accepts me as a member.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
The anti-Mason churches (most of them) have fixed, if incorrect, notions about what Masonry is all about. I have had this discussion with several pastors and their minds are locked closed, there is no reasoning with them.
Yep!
My church is anti-Mason but accepts me as a member.
Same here. I attend a Free Methodist church which is historically anti-Mason by the present pastor has nothing against it.

Bloke

Premium Member
I recently went through a series of questioning wether or not christianity was compatible with freemasonry. Is freemasonry a religion? Absolutley not. Is it religous? Absolutley! I just wonder alot of times how some masons go around the fact of it being religous.

Sent from my SM-G935V using My Freemasonry mobile app
I think Freemasonry has no religions qualifications but rather a qualification of faith. Hence I would not say Freemasonry is religious but I would say it inclines a man to engage his own spiritual beliefs. In that, it deepened my faith in my God.