My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clandestine Masons and Clandestine Freemasonry

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Maybe off topic, but I have to say this. I went to a brothers store today to purchase some items. I knew he was a brother because I have sat in Lodge with him. While in the store we got to chatten about freemasonry. He wanted to let me know how "Much" of a mason he was. He pointed at his ring, which showed 33rd and stated im a Past GM. I said really, of what GL. He said a Scottish Rite GL. He didnt know I knew that was clandestine. He is now a PHA mason but its funny how some people throw their titles around regardless if its clandestine or not.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
He pointed at his ring, which showed 33rd and stated im a Past GM. I said really, of what GL. He said a Scottish Rite GL. He didnt know I knew that was clandestine. He is now a PHA mason but its funny how some people throw their titles around regardless if its clandestine or not.
Interesting!

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Very interesting, could you imgaine an unsuspecting man how wants to join our craft approach aman like that and he states yes im a Past Grand Master, automatically the man will become intrigued as his "Title" speaks volume.
Absolutely. I was 58 years old when I petitioned and had done some previous research so I knew something about clandestine Masonry. However, many petitioners do not.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Interesting reading Brethren..!
It’s my understanding you resigned during you mastership and did not complete your year. If my recollection on this point is correct, you are not a PM in UGLE. See P 47, Information for Guidance of Members of the Craft:

PAST MASTERS OF PRIVATE LODGES
(i) Who are the Past Masters referred to in Rule 264, Book of Constitutions?
Those who have served a year as Master of a Lodge under the English Constitution and have not been promoted to Grand Rank, Provincial, District, London, or Overseas Grand Rank.

Just to be clear for those who are reading, this individual has chosen to join a co -ed lodge. While I do not criticize the choice, there should be candor in describing the affiliation.

Last edited: