My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codebooks for Non-Master Masons

Should EA's and FC's have access to Codebooks?

• Yes, besides they can't read it unless they already know the work.

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • No, Mouth to ear.

Votes: 45 69.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey613

Bill you are correct. I got to thinking about it after I replied but decided to just let it lay. I only had to pay for my FC and MM degrees. Also, I did learn my EA work but when I was scheduled to turn it in there was some kind of "issue" going on with the lodge and they postponed it. By the time that blew over, I had lost interest and said to heck with it. I decided I did not want any part of Masonry. Glad I changed my mind 19 years later.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
This thread is from 08. It's now 11. If you'd like to discuss codebooks, please start a new thread.

mrmarcust

Premium Member
rhitland said:
To me codes books are like ice, some cannot drink their cocktail without it, many swear it waters the drink down and ruins the flavor, while others could careless, they realize the same thing happens in the end no matter if you use ice or not. lol

I agree with this thought process. But understand why not on many levels to allow a code book. But mouth to ear is great for two people that spend a lot of time together and can work on work while at work. In today's busy world, it isn't an option all the time. But if all someone could rely on was a book, how much is lost in the translation? It truly is a duel edge sword.

Not only does the mouth have to be available (which is great if they are retired our rich and don't work... Haha) but so does the ear. Some ears work a lot of hours our work at night on shift alone while everyone else sleeps. And this is a greater number than some realize. I believe in the older ways, but times have changed. We have to allow for that. Not to rid ourselves of the older customs, but adapt to meet our very own demands. I wouldn't mind seeing an EA and FC code book. Use it as a supplement and still use mouth to ear to practice and to gain understanding. Because you won't get that from a book. Knowledge is learning it but wisdom is working it and applying knowledge. Are we suppose to be helping make others wiser? They could seek the knowledge on their own.

M

mark!

This thread is from 08. It's now 11. If you'd like to discuss codebooks, please start a new thread.

I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread, as stated above brothers, if you'd like discuss codebooks, please start a new thread up for discussion. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.