My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crossing the Line

J

JEbeling

saw a lot of young black masons walking around Grand Lodge with aprons on, talking and interacting with other masons... ! don't think anybody payed any attention to them.. !

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
drapetomaniac, to what "other forum" are you referring?

BTW, I love Waffle House!

As to filing charges against a Lodge in another jurisdiction, y'all might want to take a look at our Law Book Article 383.

Last edited:

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
I also visit The Sanctum Sanctorum and The Masonic Society forums.

On this and related issues, there is often a lot of pontificating and avoiding even insinuating there is a problem anywhere. A lot of it revolves around not addressing other jurisdictions or GLs as a whole as a matter of rule. I suspect if we got to rambunctious in here in talking about another jurisdiction (GL) directly, the same might happen.

But on the whole in the TMS forum, there was zero indication someone would support their Brother.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I didn't know- never been to either of those forums. Doesn't sound like they're worth the trip.

RAY

You can't dictate to other Grand Lodges on what they need to do or who they will allow to sit in Lodge. The first stand to in your obligation states this and the second covers the lodge. The best thing to do is obey your obligations or if this rubs you the wrong way move to another state that conforms to your way's.

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
You can't dictate to other Grand Lodges on what they need to do or who they will allow to sit in Lodge. The first stand to in your obligation states this and the second covers the lodge. The best thing to do is obey your obligations or if this rubs you the wrong way move to another state that conforms to your way's.

Which would mean cease being a mason, even if the reason is unmasonic.

If there are jurisdictions in the United States that have spoken or unspoken rules against certain men, those men cease to be masons as they travel through those borders? And their Brother from his home lodge who it doesn't apply to ceases to recognize him if they travel or move to the same?

(Think military transfers to different states)

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member

If there are jurisdictions in the United States that have spoken or unspoken rules against certain men, those men cease to be masons as they travel through those borders? And their Brother from his home lodge who it doesn't apply to ceases to recognize him if they travel or move to the same?

(Think military transfers to different states)

+1.

Wingnut

Premium Member
or since GL is the members of the state voting on resolutions, work to get a resolution passed to change the rules.

RAY

None that I am aware of and I have sat in Lodge in many states. There are many Black Masons in Texas Lodges and several past masters whom I have sat in lodge with. The Prince Hall Masons however choose not to have visitations with either GL or Masonic Lodges and only requested recognition. The main problem is the many Grand Lodge off shoots of PH and these are without warrants or charters therefor clandestine as is many lodges in the Houston and surrounding area and actually in every state. I have never seen any one rejected from a Texas lodge with proper credentials. This is just the way it is and possibly someday the PH GL can clean up this situation and make things a little better for all masons. I recommend you google "bogus masonic lodges' as this may help clear up your concerns

Last edited by a moderator:

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
This is just the way it is and possibly someday the PH GL can clean up this situation and make things a little better for all masons. I recommend you google "bogus masonic lodges' as this may help clear up your concerns

What exactly does PH need to "clean up?" There are irregular lodges all over the place, and not all of them are labelled as "Prince Hall." The PHGLoT would have no jurisdiction over these lodges, since they aren't recognized by them.

As far as the regular PHGLoT not wanting visitation, that is a rumor, and not necessarily a truthful one.

owls84

Premium Member
What exactly does PH need to "clean up?" There are irregular lodges all over the place, and not all of them are labelled as "Prince Hall." The PHGLoT would have no jurisdiction over these lodges, since they aren't recognized by them.

As far as the regular PHGLoT not wanting visitation, that is a rumor, and not necessarily a truthful one.

+1, I do get tired of the same thing "They don't want it". Who has told us this? Who said they don't want it?

Wingnut

Premium Member
+1, I do get tired of the same thing "They don't want it". Who has told us this? Who said they don't want it?

I can only go by the compact signing on the MWPH of TX website that says

"Masons of both Grand Jurisdictions should be aware that the actions taken by their Grand Jurisdictions restricts their members from joining, visiting, merging, meeting or having Masonic communications with each other. These actions guarantee the autonomy of each organization and assure the right to reside and work together in Peach, Harmony and Brotherly Love."

and statements Ive been told by PHA brothers online.

and if it wasn't for the last paragraph, I wonder if any recognition would have been sought....

"The ultimate goal for the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas is to obtain mutual Fraternal recognition with the Mother Grand Lodge, The United Grand Lodge of England."

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
Right, Wing, it says that both agreed not to have visitation at the time. Doesn't say why, or how the agreement came about.