My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cruising/Voyaging Craft

Himself

Greetings to all. This is my first post to this forum. Thanks for the opportunity.

What I'm wondering about is if there's such a thing as a Masonic cruising club, or association. By cruising, I mean privately owned and maintained vessels; not cruise ships.

There're more than a few cruising groups out there of good repute (SSCA, WRCC, et al), but a Masonic one? I'd like to learn of this group, if it exists. Thanks.

Be well,

Paul
Triton #586
Smithtown Lodge, #1127, F&AM

Himself

Search Masonic yachting

Hi Glen, thanks for your response.

When I google "Masonic yachting", I come up with a few UK hits, a group in New York calling itself the Masonic Yacht Club, but nothing like a cruising association for itenerat, seagoing Masons.

I find this remarkable. It could be that none exists, on paper anyway. But even in a venue as specialized as ham radio we have a presence in "Hiram's Hams", so the absence of a cruising association for Masons seems odd.

Anyway, thanks for your response.

Himself

Well yachts are waaaaaay more expensive then radios

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Haha, *sometimes*! I've seen some home shack setups that are mind-numbingly expensive. My little Pearson pales in comparison, haha! Just an FT 857, SGC autotuner under the backstay, and a Rigblaster advantage running through a Linux laptop, and all DC fed with PV and a turbine. Best 73, Paul

Himself

Hearts of Oak in Victoria is a yachting Lodge. Look for lodges in well know marina towns. I've never heard of an Association.... but my Google must be stronger than yours

http://www.masonicyachtclub.com/

No doubt your google is. Mine's appallingly off target the majority of the time. I'll dig around as you suggest. Presently I'm in a very rural setting so not much here. An active lodge for sure, but not allot of sailors hereabouts, excluding shrimpers. Thanks. Be well.

CLewey44

Greetings to all. This is my first post to this forum. Thanks for the opportunity.

What I'm wondering about is if there's such a thing as a Masonic cruising club, or association. By cruising, I mean privately owned and maintained vessels; not cruise ships.

There're more than a few cruising groups out there of good repute (SSCA, WRCC, et al), but a Masonic one? I'd like to learn of this group, if it exists. Thanks.

Be well,

Paul
Triton #586
Smithtown Lodge, #1127, F&AM

I'd say this gives you the green light to start a regional Masonic cruising club yourself. You and many others would benefit from it. Cover a 50-100 square mile area or so. I'm sure there are a handful of lodges if you were to reach out that far.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I'd say this gives you the green light to start a regional Masonic cruising club yourself. You and many others would benefit from it. Cover a 50-100 square mile area or so. I'm sure there are a handful of lodges if you were to reach out that far.
Ummm, maybe want to examine the relevant GL rules on new organizations.