My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA's and the Book

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Thanks for putting that out there, Bro. Bill. I was having a hard time deciding how to put it and decided I would just give it up to a pro like you...lol

MikeMay

Premium Member
I have one from NJ that was printed in the 50's...its similar in style to ours...single letters, abbreviations, and symbols.

It was given to me after I was raised...

Last edited:

david918

Premium Member
I have one from the Grand Lodge of South Australia and it's all in plain language except the signs and passwords and words.

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
I skipped a fair bit of the thread, sorry.

Just one EA's opinion. Any intelligent man can find sources and easily obtain them, they are readily available.

I learn very quickly sitting with a Brother, and develop a relationship at the same time. Its fun. If I didn't think there were wisdom in doing it orally, in preserving mysteries until they were revealed, then I have a tough time understanding why I'd want to do all this. I can research anything. I'd have a shared experience with the greybeards, its worthwhile. Part of the bond, no? You reach back into history and time that way too.

Sorry to ramble :)

Christopher Parker

AnthonyBolding said:
I have one but it is to learn the questions so I can teach. Do I really need it? No, but it can help sometimes.

As someone who has received instruction from you, utilize our Brethren instead of a book. Not that I am vehemently against use of a book for instructing and calling it "memory work."

</sarcasm>

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Got a few of them abbreviations & symbols my own self. Methinks my heart surgeon's nickname jest mite be "Zorro"! :wink: