My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Far Left or Far Right

Give the choice, who will the American voters choose - the far left or far right ?

• Far Left

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Far Right

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius

And what cracks me up is the Republican supporters are blaming their economic losses on Obama. Almost like Katrina getting blamed on Bush.. !

What cracks me up is the GOP formula for handling the economic crisis was to do nothing. Thats real bold leadership.

As for Katrina, Bush dint cause it, but he damn sure did nothing after it happened. You wont find a Republican in the States of Louisiana that will have a kind word for Bush in regards to Katrina. Unless maybe they are in Shreveport.

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
And what cracks me up is the Republican supporters are blaming their economic losses on Obama. Almost like Katrina getting blamed on Bush.. !

The words "Obama recession" were uttered by tv commentators before he took office. The GOP has always been smarter strategically. People will forget the origins of this economic disaster and why it happened as they forget a lot of things. And you can attack any policy for recovery (even though everyone pretty much supported the first round) because when recovery happens you can say "there was never a problem."

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
As for Katrina, Bush dint cause it, but he damn sure did nothing after it happened. You wont find a Republican in the States of Louisiana that will have a kind word for Bush in regards to Katrina. Unless maybe they are in Shreveport.

Yeah, I think 2% of people might have blamed Bush, if that. But some also think he's a reptilian freemason. It's a smart talking point that got out into the public. "Stop blaming Bush for Katrina" instead of "Stop blaming Bush for Bush's reaction to Katrina" If you respond to every attack on his reaction with "He didn't cause the hurricane" you might eventually believe that's why people were angry.

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
What cracks me up is the GOP formula for handling the economic crisis was to do nothing. Thats real bold leadership.

I was still in LA when Katrina hit. From what I remember, the LA governor at the time was the main reason Bush did nothing.

I do like the idea of the govt doing nothing about the economic crisis. My views lean towards the people who broke it fixing it. Let that stuff run its course so maybe we learn something from it.

Sirius

I do like the idea of the govt doing nothing about the economic crisis. My views lean towards the people who broke it fixing it. Let that stuff run its course so maybe we learn something from it.

Easy to say from the sidelines. Would 30% unemployment really be OK?

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
Easy to say from the sidelines. Would 30% unemployment really be OK?

Since I'm on the sidelines, you tell me? Do mommy and daddy need to bail us out everytime we make dumb decisions? Accountability and responsibility have a role here, just like you pointed out earlier in dealing with the issues in Masonry today.

Sirius

Since I'm on the sidelines, you tell me? Do mommy and daddy need to bail us out everytime we make dumb decisions? Accountability and responsibility have a role here, just like you pointed out earlier in dealing with the issues in Masonry today.

True. But we're not going to let the kids go sleep in the street to learn their lesson. It wouldn't be the fat cat bankers punished it would be all of us. I don't want to be punished for another man's mistake.

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
I don't want to be punished for another man's mistake.

And I don't want to pay for another man's mistake.

So, our govt. did the right thing by bailing out the banks that screwed us to begin with, and by bailing out failing automakers who produce inferior products, giving the govt shares of ownership? With that being the other choice, I'd take "do nothing" any day of the week.

Sirius

And I don't want to pay for another man's mistake.

So, our govt. did the right thing by bailing out the banks that screwed us to begin with, and by bailing out failing automakers who produce inferior products, giving the govt shares of ownership? With that being the other choice, I'd take "do nothing" any day of the week.

And you would pay $10 for a loaf of bread. If not more. Then what do we do with all the unemployed?

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
Riiight. That's what it would have come to? Take a look at who really got helped here. What are we doing with all the unemployed now? We helped the rich get richer, and the poor are more dependent on the govt. Nobody has to save, or be responsible for their own finances anymore, because somebody who already is will fund your retirement.

Why do we keep broken institutions from failing? Who does that help? We are another step closer to communism. How much longer will our current system hold up? This whole solution of bailouts, stimulus checks, etc., is like polishing a turd. This last economic 'crisis' is economic evolution happening, and we interfered.

Your arguement is good, but it is still an accountability issue. Yeah, high prices suck. Yeah, unemployment sucks. Yeah, it all sucks. And, yeah, we walked right into it. It is what it is. Time to pay the piper.

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure having billionaires and millionaires lose their companies so that they have to scale down to two houses would be enough to shock the system or "show accountability."

I've been laid off a few times from companies that wasted money and resources - I guarantee I was held more accountable for their actions than they were. (I'm faring very well during this recession though)

I agree the rich got helped, but I don't think they got helped more. When they suffer, they get rid of us first. They would have kept getting rid of the middle class in order to shore up their preserves. We effectively slowed the rate that they would have gotten rid of us.

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
So this "solution" fixed the problem? If what Drape is saying, that it has only slowed down the process, who is that really helping?

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
So this "solution" fixed the problem? If what Drape is saying, that it has only slowed down the process, who is that really helping?

It helped the status quo and the rich long term. It helped the many, many, many, many families and small communities who have much less to sustain themselves in a crisis in the short term.

I believe in "too big to fail" but I think it is a direct result of a violation of our anti-trust principles. If you are too big to fail, you're not competing in a normal manner. We don't want one company to own all banks (but we seem to be ok with 5).

We should have fixed the failures and then broke up the companies so they wouldn't be too big any more.

Wingnut

Premium Member
A Political Scientist would say fascism is on the far right. You would think left due to govt control of industry, but the others aspects of the ideology (superiority of a race, religious controls, etc) make it a far right government.

Which according to the poll, most here think that the people would choose a far right government over a far left. Most interesting is that a far right government has never been elected in any country that was prosperous and free of internal turmoil. So does this mean that things are that bad?

Many today are starting to realize by definition facism is the heavy control by the government with the government being the focus and not the people. See Cambridge Encyclopedia 2008, Wikiepida and other online sources. at best its a mix of far right and far left. It also varies by implemenation ie Italy's version was much different from what people refer to as Hitler's version.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
If everybody was watching a building burn and they knew you had a bucket of water would you feel obligated to throw it at the fire when millions of eyes are telling you to do so? Although the water had no real effect your effort is what is being called upon. I think everybody in Washington would agree they had no idea how to fix the problem of this recession but they had to do something and usually you do what the smartest guy in the room says to do until he turns up a dummy.

Wingnut

Premium Member
I did not see a choose for either, although our current President is a Democrat I feel is was less an extreme than his opponent and the people voted for the closet middle of the aisle guy the could. The public seems to be tired of my way or the highway mentality. Just my 2 cents although I would have been happy with either one of the candidates this last election.

Seiously? Closest to the middle? My way or the highway mentality? What do you call ramming a health reform bill down our throats that has even been made available to see? That was engineered by one party without any input accepted from the other party? Even with a veto proof majority they had to bribe several democrat senators with extras for their states only to get it to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.