Favorite Esoteric Topic

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by • RM, Dec 11, 2018.

1. • RM

• RM Registered User

2. David612

David612 Registered User

If it comes down to time spent discussing it then..

Paying the bills-

CLewey44 and • RM like this.
  3. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Define esoteric.

Esoteric as in lodge work or esoteric in general?

• RM likes this.
  4. • RM

• RM Registered User

General

5. David612

David612 Registered User

Esoteric or occult

6. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Böhmes theosopy, alchemy, Rosicrucian tradition.

CLewey44 and Chaz like this.
  7. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Well, I’m from Roswell, so...

8. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

The energy (light) flows in the lodge are interesting and some are cyclic

9. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Give me Rosicrucian, Qabalistic, etc. Would like to explore further into symbolism lecture of each symbol, ie b**h***, a***or, etc. so Not GLs new background check program or whatever.

Warrior1256, Brother JC and • RM like this.
  10. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

I think Sacred Geometry plays in that very interesting area of what the laws of nature sets out, and how this can be interpreted and understood in a more esoteric or spiritual way.
    But frankly, it's more about the enlightened debate with 4-5 good brethren to me than the topic necessarily.

Chaz, • RM and Thevenin like this.
  11. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

>more about the enlightened debate

In my experience geometric forms have a degree of aliveness that can be experienced directly by humans that have started the work of the FC. This allows debated propositions to be tested by experiment.

12. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Same here.

13. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

The inside definition of esoteric is the actual script of the degrees and practicing it. An esoteric class is thus "Masonic training" or "Masonic practice" rather than "Masonic education". I continue to learn more ritual but I am less interested in the exact wording and floor work. I am more interested in what it means so I give Masonic education talks at stated meetings.

The outside definition of esoteric is hidden topics. In Masonry we have that at many levels. Some of our secrets are the type we can shout from the rooftops and they remain secrets - We treat each other as Brothers. Others are only to be demonstrated at tiled meetings - We make certain motions at the altar. Compare those motions to demonstrations of chakra activations.

I like that some of our officer symbols are runic and geometric while others are pictorial. Notice that the more senior the office within lodge the ore geometric the symbol and the more junior the office within the lodge the more pictorial the symbol. But that trend does not happen with the symbols for offices outside of tiled lodge. There's a difference between the inside and outside that never does get mentioned in ritual. As such it's a hidden topic yet there it is visible to anyone who chooses to look at the jewels we wear on our collars and the symbols we have on our officer aprons.

• RM likes this.

Share My Freemasonry