Favorite Masonic Books

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Blake Bowden, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

What books about Freemasonry would you recommend and why?

2. Squire Bentley

Squire Bentley Premium Member

There are a lot of wonderful books but I don't think you can beat "The Meaning of Masonry" by Wilmshurst because it opens your eyes to the possibility that there is a whole second tier of symbolic meaning to the Craft beyond the obvious.

3. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Staff Member

I would suggest the following, partly because of my intrest in the U.S. Civil War:

"House Undivided" by Allan R. Roberts

"House Undivided" is a wonderful account from both sides of Masonry. The book is filled with personal accounts during battle, and GL communications from all over the U.S. during the war.

4. Squire Bentley

Squire Bentley Premium Member

Bro. Stewart that is another fine book for sure. I used some really good quotes from it for the paper I wrote in 2005 titled, "World Peace Through Brotherhood" available at Phoenix Masonry - www.phoenixmasonry.org

5. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

Any of the books by Lomas and Knight.

6. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

Bring this post back up for a list of good books.(Masonic Library Reading List)

I cannot say I have read all the books listed, or own all of them, but I do have a number of them and would recommend them to add to or start your own library.

Share My Freemasonry