My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fenty Takes Steps against Masonic Lodge in Northeast

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
That may be one of the reasons we are so strongly restricted by the Grand Lodge regarding to whom and for what purposes we can allow our Lodge buildings to be used. Back when we owned a building, I was contacted by a woman seeking to rent our building for a wedding reception. She admitted that she intended to have live music & keg beer. As we did not feel that allowing such activity at our building would be appropriate and good for our image, we turned her down.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
LOL, i couldn't help but laugh. damnit, brothers, what are you thinking allowing this kind of thing??

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
smells politicy fishy to me but then again I am here and they are there so I can not argue that shutting down a Masonic Lodge will help lower teen violence. I can say the lodge should have policed that themselves better paying the price now though.

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
Is it lawful to have a keg of beer or any alcoholic beverages in a Texas Lodge? Some jurisdictions allow it, Kentucky doesn't. Is this too restrictive or should individual lodges be able to decide if they want to have a beer, glass of wine, or a shot of liquor at lodge?

Last edited:

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
no you cannot have alcohol in lodge, but you can outside! :beer:
well at a non-public event anyway