My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally moved back to Houston

DTR

Hello Brothers!

I've been in the Navy for the past 6 years and finally got out last week. I have finally returned home to Houston! I was Initiated, Passed, and Raised while living in Jacksonville, FL (Duval Lodge No 159 F&AM) and am trying to find a Lodge. I understand that Texas is AF&AM and was wondering just what is needed from me to obtain a membership here. I was looking at the Holland Lodge because it's 5 minutes from me, but there are about 4-5 lodges that close to me....

Thank you Brothers!

Derek Auflick

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Where were you stationed in Jax? Were you at Mayport or NAS Jax? I was stationed there from 2003-2008 in Mayport on the USS Philippine Sea.

Beathard

Premium Member
Before you decide to join a Houston Lodge, make sure you visit several. There are so many good Lodges in Houston and each one has a different personality. Make sure you find one that is a really good fit for you. If it is a good fit, your will want to be active. If it is a bad fit, you won't be active for long. Your lucky to be living in an area that has so many options.