My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flags in the lodge room.

Nate Riley

Premium Member
“That flag dips before no earthly king”."

Hence... it does dip for the Christian Flag?..... certainly not an earthly king.

My comment had nothing to do with the Christian Flag, it was just a side comment with a cool story. The Flag represents the Church (the Kingdom), not necessarilty the King.

To continue your prior thought, it would be nice to have a President that bowed by before God and not to any earthly king.

Plustax

Well said Brother.... Well said...

My comment had nothing to do with the Christian Flag, it was just a side comment with a cool story. The Flag represents the Church (the Kingdom), not necessarilty the King.

To continue your prior thought, it would be nice to have a President that bowed by before God and not to any earthly king.

cog41

Premium Member
Good posts Nate.

Personally, I have no problem with the flag being in a lodge that is predominately Christian.

If they adhere to their Christian and or Masonic teaching, no non Christian Mason in atendance will be mistreated, shunned, ignored or kept out of the loop.

In the lodge or outside, mason or not for that matter.

"do not strive with a man without cause, when he has done you no harm" Prov. 3:30

Bloke

Premium Member
In Victoria Australia under UGLV...

We have our National Flag and State flag. I've seen in Lodge Garibaldi, they put the Italian Flag up. On Burns Nights, i've seen the Scottish Flag. Both in Lodge and additional to the first two. In Military Lodges, Ive seen the army, airforce and both Navy flags. In a Vietnam Memorial Lodge, I've seen the South Vietnamese flag....

As far as i can remember, our Constitution is silent on flags, its a question of convention rather than prescription or proscription.

If I was visiting and saw a religious flag, I might shift on my seat and curiously ask why, but being a good guest would never comment..

In a similiar vein, I've never seen a Muslim bro comment on the absence of a Koran. For me, what is on the heart is in the heart, regardless of the VSL or flag displayed.

All that said, if it appeared in a craft lodge i am a member of (or indeed known as a regular visitor and friend) i would 100% quietly comment to the Master, IPM or DC (Marshall) and question its appropriateness. At the two lodges I am a PM in, we have Christians, Muslims, 1 Jew, 1 Buddhist, 1 Hindu and some who are none of these and would say we are dangerously encrouching on BOTH no religion or politics rule in displaying a flag of faith. Indeed such fags can also be politically charged....

"... whilst in the Lodge by abstaining from every topic of religious or political discussion...."