My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida Presenting English Certificates?

japool

That is an absolutely great looking certificate. I wish that the Masonic Diploma you can order from the GLOTexas looked that good. I ordered mine and I was a bit underwhelmed. I still have it framed and on my wall though. I'm very proud of it, and what it represents.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Nice to see this cleared up, it really had me scratching my head.
Very nice certificate, I wish more GLs did this.

MarkR

Premium Member
When i was told that , i figured since the U grand lodge of england is the highest authority it was some sort or honary certificate from the "higher ups" lightly spoken.
The UGLE is not the "highest authority." While, due to its status as the mother Grand Lodge, it's given considerable deference in matters of recognition between Grand Lodges and so forth, it has no actual authority over any Lodges other than its own, and certainly none over any other Grand Lodges.

They can exert considerable influence through the process of recognition, in that having UGLE withdraw recognition of your Grand Lodge would be a terrible blow and would likely cause a LOT of other Grand Lodges to follow suit, but other Grand Lodges are not subordinate to UGLE.