My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting back active in the lodge

Tyler Atkinson

This seems to be a big issue in Freemasonry and I was wanting to know what were some ways to get the "Dues Payer's" back active in the lodge. What have you done to get participation and did it work?

cemab4y

Premium Member
This seems to be a big issue in Freemasonry and I was wanting to know what were some ways to get the "Dues Payer's" back active in the lodge. What have you done to get participation and did it work?
Check out the thread about Rusty Nail Degree. You might consider trying one in your lodge.

Tyler Atkinson

I'm much less interested in "dues payers" and much more interested in active members...
I just wonder why did they stop coming in the first place. Health, dis harmony in the lodge, finances? etc. I bet they're some jam up Masons out there that would love to be back active.

BullDozer Harrell

Well good luck with your endeavors. And i do hope that once you come up with something great & that truly works, you will share them with me.

Recently, in my lodge we had the joy of raising 6 MMs. But earlier in the same meeting, we voted to suspend 5 NPD. Isn't that ironic?

My opinion is that guys are no longer seeing the value of their membership. So for that very reason, I'd have to roll with Brother Rip when he said something about looking for Masons......^scroll up

GJB

I just wonder why did they stop coming in the first place. Health, dis harmony in the lodge, finances? etc. I bet they're some jam up Masons out there that would love to be back active.

I agree wholeheartedly. I can't speak for all, but health issues, family and career obligations often times lead to a forced inactivity in the lodge. I love the idea of a "rusty nail degree" for those like myself who have been inactive for a lengthy period of time and still harbor great respect and affection for their brothers and institution of Freemasonry.

Bloke

Premium Member
Most lost interest or work and family got in the way. Some, they just stop responding, so you really don't know.