My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got 'my' ring

relapse98

We visited with my wife's grandmother today. When she and her husband moved here last year I started taking him to lodge and that was my push to become a Mason. He was at my Initiation but couldn't be at my Passing and had gone to the Great Architect before my Raising. I wanted him there for all, but it wasn't to be. Anyways, he had a ring with onyx and their engagement diamond... I'm a more subtle jewelry guy. My wife's grandmother's father was a Mason and they recently found one of his rings they did not know existed. It's plain gold with the S&C&G on top. Very plain and my style. Bonus is that his fingers were the exact same size as mine. It was meant to be. I was told that his diamond encrusted Past Master's ring will have to wait a few years.

We were trying to figure the age of the ring. Grandma is 85 and she doesn't remember her dad ever not being a Mason. In any case, some long Masonic history in this ring.

kelton_c

cool. that's an awesome ring you have. i actually bought a ring after being raised, and 2 weeks later received one in the mail from a family friend. that ring has meant a lot to me, and, actually fits better than the one i bought. some things just happen for a reason. congrats again.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
We visited with my wife's grandmother today. When she and her husband moved here last year I started taking him to lodge and that was my push to become a Mason. He was at my Initiation but couldn't be at my Passing and had gone to the Great Architect before my Raising. I wanted him there for all, but it wasn't to be. Anyways, he had a ring with onyx and their engagement diamond... I'm a more subtle jewelry guy. My wife's grandmother's father was a Mason and they recently found one of his rings they did not know existed. It's plain gold with the S&C&G on top. Very plain and my style. Bonus is that his fingers were the exact same size as mine. It was meant to be. I was told that his diamond encrusted Past Master's ring will have to wait a few years.

We were trying to figure the age of the ring. Grandma is 85 and she doesn't remember her dad ever not being a Mason. In any case, some long Masonic history in this ring.

Well, first of all congratulations! Not everyone has a special story like yours to go with their ring, many of us are first generation ring wearers, enjoy it!

Second of all, post some pictures!! Personally, I would like to see both rings...

relapse98

ring.jpg

jwhoff

Premium Member
Yeah! And I'd be willing to bet it's 18-carrot too.

My ring was purchased by my father when he was raised two months before my birth. He passed it to my brother. My brother passed it to me. Both gave this honor to the next on their death bed. WOW! That was a tough hand-off for me having seen it 41 years before.

Family rings mean so much more. Don't they?

Bro Mike

Awesome!

My ring was worn by my Great-Uncle. He gave my dad this ring just before he died, about 10 years ago. It is at least 50 years old. My dad held onto it for me and gave it to me after I was raised. My dad still wears the 75+ year old ring that my Great-Grandpa and Grandpa both wore. Someday I'll wear that ring. and save this one for my son.