My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Brazil

Hellço there!

My name is Ednei Augusto Gonçalves Filho, I am from the city of Goiânia, state of Goiás, Brazil.

I am from GONAB - Glória do Ocidente (Glory of the West).

I am an Entered Apprentice, learning and preparing my way up to contribute to my fraternity. Therefore, I'm in a humble search for knowledge.

hfmm97

Premium Member
Hellço there!

My name is Ednei Augusto Gonçalves Filho, I am from the city of Goiânia, state of Goiás, Brazil.

I am from GONAB - Glória do Ocidente (Glory of the West).

I am an Entered Apprentice, learning and preparing my way up to contribute to my fraternity. Therefore, I'm in a humble search for knowledge.

Irmão Ednei:

I am a master mason from Texas 21 years since 1997) and we had a brother from Victoria Brasil visit a Texas lodge a few months ago...he mentioned that the brothers there must do a lot of research and study and present lectures in addition to memory work so that it could be 1 year per degree-did I understand him correctly?

You will find that USA/Canada Freemasonry is quite different as we do not have required research work to advance to the degree of Master Mason: normally most brothers complete their Master Mason work within 1 year. We have specific research lodges, usually 1 per state when to become a full member, you must present a paper and be voted and accepted-and usually these Research lodge members have been master masons for some time.

I look forward to hearing more from you about your Masonic journey (this is a public forum open to Masons and non-Masons so be careful not to discuss esoteric work).

Obrigado e até logo (Thanks and see you soon)

Ir:. Hector (Heitor)

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Not to chill the discussion, but the young man’s grand lodge does not appear to be recognized by any US grand lodge.

texanmason

Not to chill the discussion, but the young man’s grand lodge does not appear to be recognized by any US grand lodge.

Is it clandestine? I figure if it's merely irregular or unrecognized, it's not really a problem - as far as socializing online goes.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I don’t think your GL makes a distinction: if it is unrecognized, you may not engage in Masonic communication. However, I of course defer to the chairman of your fraternal relations committee.

I would note that the CGMNA and UGLE do not engage in the distinctions. The issue is simply whether they meet the standards/principles of recognition.

texanmason

So, to clarify, sitting in lodge with him is an obvious no-no (Masonic communication), but what about non-tyled interactions in person outside of lodge and on internet forums, Facebook, etc (Masonic conversation)?

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Masonic communications can occur outside lodge. Passing a grip, discussing what in your jurisdiction is secret work.

The exact limitations set by your GL, are, well, up to your GL.