My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Cheshire, UK

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
So last night I was passed to the degree of Fellowcraft Mason. I really enjoyed the experience and found it easier to take everything in than my inititaion.

My responses went well and I got a quiet well done from the JD as he led me off. Made me feel really proud!

The Brother who gave me the 2nd Degree Tracing Board lecture did an amazing job with a truly memorable performance.

Richard
When is your Third?

Scoops

It's been a long summer of waiting, but the time is nearly upon me.

Assuming my wife doesn't decide to go into labour early, tomorrow night I shall be raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason.

My Father-in-Law will be taking the chair for the evening and I know he's been practicing all summer long along with making sure I'm word perfect in my responses to my questions!

Bloke

Premium Member

Assuming my wife doesn't decide to go into labour early, tomorrow night I shall be raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason.

My Father-in-Law will be taking the chair for the evening and I know he's been practicing all summer long along with making sure I'm word perfect in my responses to my questions!
Awesome !

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor

Congrats on the baby and the degree!

Being that i have never been in a UGLE lodge...I got a question....u said "along with making sure I'm word perfect in my responses to my questions" in UGLE lodges you know whats going to be asked in the degree before you take it? or do u have to turn in your FC profeciency before the degree tomorrow?

Scoops

Congrats on the baby and the degree!

Being that i have never been in a UGLE lodge...I got a question....u said "along with making sure I'm word perfect in my responses to my questions" in UGLE lodges you know whats going to be asked in the degree before you take it? or do u have to turn in your FC profeciency before the degree tomorrow?

Thank you!

I think it's a bit different here to how you all do it in the States. There's no proficiency work, just a short list of questions asked just before the actual degree ceremony. There's even helpful prompting from the Junior Deacon (at least when I took my FC) who's stood next to you, should your mind go blank.

I'm sure someone like Glen would be able to explain it better than I, though.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I think i understand...are those questions pertaining to the previous degree? If so then i completely get it...if not then yeah im lost...lol

Scoops

Wow, what a night!

Firstly, baby behaved and there were no emergency interruptions!

The ceremony was amazing. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't that! To say I'm in awe would be an understatement.

Following on from that, the Festive Board was full of fellowship and I left feeling truly a part of the family!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Bloke

Premium Member
Wow, what a night!

Firstly, baby behaved and there were no emergency interruptions!

The ceremony was amazing. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't that! To say I'm in awe would be an understatement.

Following on from that, the Festive Board was full of fellowship and I left feeling truly a part of the family!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Well done to your lodge then, sounds like they got it right :) Congratulations to them and you !