My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Texas

pyguy2020

Let me correct that Masonic degrees wanted to, or the apprenticeship agrees until you get the third degree, which is master mason and then you can pick the right that you would like to go in which is York, right Scottish Rite and others apologize if any words are misspelled I use talk to text just wanted to correct that

Winter

Premium Member
Thank you. Now which path to take...
I always recommend that new Brothers spend at least the next year learning amd studying the degrees of the Craft Lodge. Building relationships with the Brothers there. That's Freemasonry. Plenty of time for the appendant bodies to steal your time and resources away from your home Lodge.

mvantuyl

Premium Member
I always recommend that new Brothers spend at least the next year learning amd studying the degrees of the Craft Lodge. Building relationships with the Brothers there. That's Freemasonry. Plenty of time for the appendant bodies to steal your time and resources away from your home Lodge.
I'm planning on that, but am still unsure where to start. Guess involvement in the Blue Lodge will point me in one direction or another.

Winter

Premium Member
I'm planning on that, but am still unsure where to start. Guess involvement in the Blue Lodge will point me in one direction or another.
Ask for a part in degree work to get started. There's never enough help to put on degrees. Find out when other local Lodges are having degrees and go visit. Find anything that is not being done at your Lodge and step up. Get involved.

Read a book. Some suggestions are:

Making Good Men Better: A 52 Week Personal Growth Plan Based on the Teachings of Freemasonry

The Craft: How the Freemasons Made the Modern World

Laudable Pursuit: A 21st Century Response to Dwight Smith by The Knights of the North

A lot of well intentioned Brothers are likely going to start putting petitions for other bodies in your hand very soon. But you should stay away from rope tricks. To understand that, I recommend:

Three Five Seven Minute Talks on Freemasonry

A book that served me very well during my time in the East.

mvantuyl

Premium Member
Ask for a part in degree work to get started. There's never enough help to put on degrees. Find out when other local Lodges are having degrees and go visit. Find anything that is not being done at your Lodge and step up. Get involved.

Read a book. Some suggestions are:

Making Good Men Better: A 52 Week Personal Growth Plan Based on the Teachings of Freemasonry

The Craft: How the Freemasons Made the Modern World

Laudable Pursuit: A 21st Century Response to Dwight Smith by The Knights of the North

A lot of well intentioned Brothers are likely going to start putting petitions for other bodies in your hand very soon. But you should stay away from rope tricks. To understand that, I recommend:

Three Five Seven Minute Talks on Freemasonry

A book that served me very well during my time in the East.
Thank you for the suggestions.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Thanks for giving us the update.

I suspect your first task is to demonstrate proficiency.

If your lodge does the charge of the degree from memory, that’s a good place to begin ritual.

If your senior steward gives a lecture in the prep room, learn that.

I would join in the reading recommendatio.

Go to degree meetings in other lodges.

Bloke

Premium Member
Congrats !
There has been some good suggestions. Keep asking questions... and my first one is do you actually fully understand the meaning, symbolism and philosophical lessons of the Degrees you have seen ?
Step 1 - keep attending lodge and if able, see if you can attend a rehearsal. You will often learn a lot by doing that.
Don't be in a rush, but also be proactive to try to make a daily advancement in masonic knowledge.
AND .... now you have your MM Degree, start using the internet via google search to see if you can learn more.