My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you worn your white leather apron?

Have you ever worn your white leather apron?

• Yes

Votes: 72 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 71 40.8%
  • Not untill I die

Votes: 31 17.8%

• Total voters

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Have you ever deemed an occasion special enough to where your white leahter apron yet?

Nate C.

I haven't thus far, but I wouldn't be opposed to it for the appropiate special occasion.

R

ravickery03

I did for when the GM visited the Alamo last December.

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
At our lodge we have a leather apron night, and give a certificate to the oldest Mason and the youngest (not in age) who have worn his apron to the meeting.

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
I believe unless your lodge has a bylaw stating you have to where your officer apron and your bylaws have to be approved by Grand Lodge, Art. 273 states that the lodge may provide special collars and aprons to be worn by its officers; you may where your own white lambskin apron.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I bet that looks sharp with a room full of white leather aprons. I have wanted my lodge to buy about 30 of them for regualr meetings it seems to me we should wear them all the time. When I wear my leather one I seem to walk taller and speak clearer as opposed to the cloth white apron which has the feeling of being a dime a dozen. The Leather apron has that speacial feel to it. Maybe 148 should wear them in degree work?

B

Brother Secretary

wore mine to Grand Lodge a few years ago.

A little tip: get a coat hanger with clips on it and store your apron in a dry cleaning bag hung up. That way it will keep it from discoloring and rolling up. yes, rolling up. If an apron is stored in the tube when it is placed upon your coffin it may have a tendency to curl back up and roll off your coffin... I realize you'd be dead and all, but you don't want to lose style points posthumously.

nick1368

Nope, haven't had an occasion to wear it. However I like the idea of "Leather Apron Night" and to give out awards for oldest/youngest. Will have to keep that in mind as I start planning my year in the East

C

cpmorgan2

I only wear them to extremely special occasions, masters degrees and god forbid, one day, a funeral. Then when its all over and done with...my funeral

J

Jeffrey.Roach

When I wear my leather one I seem to walk taller and speak clearer as opposed to the cloth white apron which has the feeling of being a dime a dozen. The Leather apron has that special feel to it.

You're so right, Bro :) I was an Officer in my hometown lodge last year (Marshal), and the officers had very nicely embroidered, leather aprons that looked very professional, felt good, and were heavy. The aprons also had a nice, elastic belt on them, too. Felt really nice wearing them!

That made me want to buy one of those really nice generic MM aprons to wear at our stated meetings but never got around to ordering one since I've moved and not re-joined a new lodge - yet anyway :D

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
This apron was given to you as a gift from your lodge to be worn on all proper occasions, so the question is when is it a proper occasion? I personal believe it can be worn any time you fell you would like to.

J

jwardl

IMHO, any formal occasion is a good one for the wla. Have worn mine twice: once to a funeral, and once to my lodge's officer installation ceremony.

J

Jeffrey.Roach

Bro. Raul: No, haven't made it to any lodges since I've moved to the Hill Country in the last 11 months (been swamped with the relocation, work, and college); however, I only live a few blocks away from the Kyle Lodge and would like to visit there some time this month before I start back for Spring Semester.

I also have plans to visit Buda, Onion Creek, and the lodge in Wimberly. I'm pretty centrally located to all of those. Maybe sometime in January I can hit those lodges. I think the Kyle Lodge meets on the 2nd Monday of each month and the Wimberley Lodge meets the same week but on Tuesdays - something like that. I really need to look their dates up, mark them down, and go for a visit.

Traveling Man

Premium Member
Leather Apron

This apron was given to you as a gift from your lodge to be worn on all proper occasions, so the question is when is it a proper occasion? I personal believe it can be worn any time you fell you would like to.

Here's some advice that may save one some embarrassment.

When visiting a Lodge in a foreign country you may want to check what is considered "proper" visiting attire. In many cases that would include your leather apron amongst several other items...:D