My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you worn your white leather apron?

Have you ever worn your white leather apron?

• Yes

Votes: 72 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 71 40.8%
  • Not untill I die

Votes: 31 17.8%

• Total voters

FlBrother324

Nope. In a bag between the mattresses. I will wear it one time. I want it to be white when i need it. I can buy another apron to wear to special occasions.

Sent from my iPad

We don't get ours until we give back our MM proficiency catechism. They say we can wear it if we want to, but I've never seen one on a Brother that was still with us.
Mine is still in the original tube.

Last edited:

FlBrother324

This is especially true because I believe, according to Grand Lodge law, an EA is entitled to a Masonic burial if he wants one, correct? (Don't have a law book, so someone else please check me on that.) If that's the case, he ought to have his own apron to be buried in.

I am the W:.M:. Of our District's Memorial Lodge and if any Brother or family of the Brother requests the funeral service it will be provided for Him. Funerals are all on the level no matter position.

May you be blessed with a glorious day!

Yours, in His service.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
After being raised and presented with my apron I was told that the only time that it would be worn was when I was in my casket.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
After being raised and presented with my apron I was told that the only time that it would be worn was when I was in my casket.
Here's the pertinent part of our Apron Presentation to the new MM:
"This Apron, the special gift of this Lodge, is yours to wear upon all proper occasions throughout an honorable life, and at your death, is to be placed upon the coffin that contains your lifeless remains and with them shall be laid beneath the silent clods of the valley."
I occasionally see Brethren wear their lambskins on special occasions, particularly when receiving service awards and the like.

Carl_in_NH

Site Benefactor
I have not worn mine since I was raised. I know several Brothers that do wear theirs. I've now got a PM apron which resides in my traveling apron case and that's the one I'll wear until departing for the Celestial Lodge above.

Scoops

Some brethren here who no longer need their MM apron, once they've become a PM or received Provincial or Grand honours, donate their apron to the lodge who sell it on.

In my lodge, it's a custom for the proposer to acquire an apron for a new MM (EA & FC apron supplied by the lodge)

I hope, in time, to be able to pass my apron to one of my sons if they decide to join "big boy scouts", as my 4 year old calls it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

MWS

In my lodge, it's a custom for the proposer to acquire an apron for a new MM (EA & FC apron supplied by the lodge)

Similar to here in Ontario. At our MM degree we receive a new decorated MM apron and VotSL to keep. The EA & FC are borrowed from the Lodge.

dfreybur

Premium Member
In Austin there is a Veterans Day march where we get dispensation to march in our aprons, but only in our white leather ones. It is given to us to wear with pleasure to ourselves and honor to the fraternity. Such events are a good way to have Brothers remember where theirs is stored and get it out to keep it from getting stiff rolled up.

okielabrat

Haven't had the opportunity yea as I was raised in February of this year, but I plan to do so at our officer installation ceremony. And of course, it's going to be present when I enter that Undiscovered Country from whose bourne no traveler has returned..............

rpbrown

Premium Member
As I posted earlier in this thread, I do wear mine to funerals. I have a Past Masters apron that I have yet to wear because I keep getting recycled through the line so when in lodge, I wear an officers apron.

dfreybur

Premium Member
As I posted earlier in this thread, I do wear mine to funerals. I have a Past Masters apron that I have yet to wear because I keep getting recycled through the line so when in lodge, I wear an officers apron.

Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be authorized to wear your PM apron. Two of my jurisdictions say to wear any of your authorized aprons but the jewel of the chair, so I've worn my PM aprons at a lot of meetings. One of my jurisdictions says to wear "apron as installed, jewel as seated" so I go to my installed chair, put on that apron, then find out which chair I'm in for that meeting. It's one of those fun little details in variation jurisdiction to jurisdiction.