My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Healing?

tomasball

Premium Member
I've been reading here some discussions of the MWPHGLoT "healing" men who were initiated in bogus lodges. It's a bit foreign to me, because in the GLoT we don't have any such procedure...a member of a clandestine lodge can only join us by quitting the clandestine body and starting over in one of our lodges as if the clandestine initiation had never happened.

What are the rules governing healing with the MWPHGLoT? Is there a restriction on which bodies a member can be "healed" from?

bupton52

Premium Member
I've been reading here some discussions of the MWPHGLoT "healing" men who were initiated in bogus lodges. It's a bit foreign to me, because in the GLoT we don't have any such procedure...a member of a clandestine lodge can only join us by quitting the clandestine body and starting over in one of our lodges as if the clandestine initiation had never happened.

What are the rules governing healing with the MWPHGLoT? Is there a restriction on which bodies a member can be "healed" from?

I was healed from another jurisdiction. There are guidelines outlined in the MWPHGLoTX constitution if someone decided to be healed and I would have to assume that it's also the discretion of the WM and bretheren in that particular lodge. The healee has to show suitable proficiency and documentation that he was raised in another jurisdiction. I am thankful for the opportunity to have been healed, but I do see a flaw in the logic.

dfreybur

Premium Member
The healee has to show suitable proficiency and documentation that he was raised in another jurisdiction.

Interesting. I take it clandestine GLs base their ritual on one of the expose books we can find in bookstores. As such their proficiencies would be very close to our own. Having seen proficiencies done in multiple jurisdictions as I've traveled I know there's a lot of variation in them. It could be shorter to complete the proficiencies than to go through both the degrees and the proficiencies. This assumes that the candidate is the one who was duped not one of the GL officers doing the duping.

Essentially earning the lineage to the founding of the Grand Lodge of England in 1717 having already been through a copy of the degrees. The initiatory experience of the degree would be considered an experience by the individual not dependent on those conferring the degree. From a philosophical perspective I get it.

From a pragmatic perspective it's so much less complex to do the degrees over again, though.

phamason

Bro bupton,I don't feel u have to explain or defend what we at the MWPHGLOT do when it comes to our healing process!!

Prince Hall or not At All

tomasball

Premium Member
I hope I didn't say anything to suggest that there was any need to defend it, but I can't see why anyone shouldn't be happy to explain it. I'm interested in understanding the practices of the PH Grand Lodge, since we mutually recognize each other. Was my question inappropriate?

Tom Ball
PM Llano Grande 1173
33* KYCH OPC

bupton52

Premium Member
Bro bupton,I don't feel u have to explain or defend what we at the MWPHGLOT do when it comes to our healing process!!

Prince Hall or not At All

It's not about defending what the GL does, just sharing what is available. GL of State GLs don't offer healing. It's just a matter of informing brothers on what's out there. They may be able to explain that to someone who can benefit from it. It is my hope that one day visitation will be added to the already in place recognition that our two GLs share and they will have the opportunity to see it firsthand.

Freemason Connect Mobile

BroBook

Premium Member
As someone who was recently healed in Florida "PHA", I was a Lil confused at first, I personally was looking forward to having to retake the degrees, but after Contemplation, I realize there is an understood difference between a group that broke off and a group that sprang up,I hope my meaning is clear!!! Wwea

Bro Book
M.W.U.G.L. Of Fl: P.H.A.
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

BroBook

Premium Member
It's not about defending what the GL does, just sharing what is available. GL of State GLs don't offer healing. It's just a matter of informing brothers on what's out there. They may be able to explain that to someone who can benefit from it. It is my hope that one day visitation will be added to the already in place recognition that our two GLs share and they will have the opportunity to see it firsthand.

Freemason Connect Mobile
Grand lodge of state don't "I " think offer healing because they feel as if their Masonry is the Masonry, in my state I was only re- obligated because of our history , but I am sure that real brother that came though a bogus pretending to be a masonic body would have to be I,P&R to ensure that he understood that he was not raised!

Bro Book
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

bupton52

Premium Member
Grand lodge of state don't "I " think offer healing because they feel as if their Masonry is the Masonry, in my state I was only re- obligated because of our history , but I am sure that real brother that came though a bogus pretending to be a masonic body would have to be I,P&R to ensure that he understood that he was not raised!

Bro Book
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

They don't offer healing because if you are not IPR'd in a legitimate lodge, technically you are not a mason.

BroBook

Premium Member
They don't offer healing because if you are not IPR'd in a legitimate lodge, technically you are not a mason.
That was my point in my state what we "Africans " call 4 letter (AF&AM ) broke off from 3 letter ( F&AM) over an internal matter. By the former I do not mean "mainstream"

Bro Book
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

Blaster

I have conducted healings for those who knew all their materials. What i did was compared the ritual they used to ours, and if it was acceptable, I based their proficiency on that ritual. I've also encountered people who weren't proficient, so I had them start over. I'd prefer that everyone start over, but I think it's a tactic to encourage clandestine masons to become recognized by making it a little easier for them IF they know their material. If they're regular, then there's usually no material difference in what they're doing other than not having a legitimate charter.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member

I was told my multiple GL brothers that if you were ever made a clandestine mason that you could not join a GL masons. A guy actually told me that if a white man had ever been a Prince Hall mason that he could never be a member of "mainstream" masonry. And vise versa a black man who is Prince Hall could never join. I don't know how true that is though.

acjohnson53

LMAO, SO UNTRUE BRUH, Aint what they call racial profiling? At our Lodge we just did a Masonic Healing where the Brother was African American coming from a four letter to a three letter Lodge, I was raised with several Brothers that were Caucasion that were on my cable tow...