My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Healing

Bro. Landry

In my jurisdiction, no. I believe you would go through the degrees again. Depending on how similar the rituals are you might go through all the degrees at one time

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Keith C

I'm leaving mf&am and going to pha, but I wanted to know with the degrees I have over in mf&am could they be healed over on pha?

Not sure what jurisdiction uses M,F&AM, nor what that stands for. Is the Grand Lodge you belong to Regular and recognized by the PHA GL in your area? Have you thus visited and sat in a MM lodge at the PHA Lodge you are joining?

Just trying to figure out your situation.

Bro. Landry

Not sure what jurisdiction uses M,F&AM, nor what that stands for. Is the Grand Lodge you belong to Regular and recognized by the PHA GL in your area? Have you thus visited and sat in a MM lodge at the PHA Lodge you are joining?

Modern free and accepted, and no, not recognized

Keith C

Thanks Bro. Landy, that pretty much answers the question.

Bro, Moore - Since the group you belong to is not recognized you are considered clandestine and thus not a Mason and have to go through the degrees in a recognized lodge to be so considered.

MarkR

Premium Member
Different jurisdictions will handle it differently. I've read of instances where entire clandestine lodges were healed over to PHA without their members having to go through the degrees again, after PHA Grand Officers were satisfied with the way the lodge had been run. So, none of us can answer this for you with any authority; only the PHA of your jurisdiction can answer it for you.

Bro.Moore

I haven't sat through a lodge meeting but the lodge I want to join has been around for years, unity lodge #64 MWPHGLNC

Keith C

Thank you brothers for your input and yes modern free is not recognized but I am leaving to join a pha lodge so that I can be recognized

That is why you need to go through the degrees again.

I haven't sat through a lodge meeting but the lodge I want to join has been around for years, unity lodge #64 MWPHGLNC

I wasn't questioning your new lodge in any way, just trying to determine if your previous lodge was recognized, if it were you could have showed your dues card, been examined and sit in lodge at your new lodge.

My uncle was raised in that lodge it was once and still is one of the strongest lodges in eastern North Carolina

Sounds like you are now on a great track after a slight detour!

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
My uncle was raised in that lodge it was once and still is one of the strongest lodges in eastern North Carolina

Depends on the PHA jurisdiction. Some still do the healing, some don't. MWPHGLTX stopped using the healing process from what I heard. Contact the lodge if possible, they could tell you.

Bro.Moore

I understand completely but I will check with the lodge and see if I can be healed and if not it's okay I'm always willing to be tried never denied and tried again

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Thanks Bro. Landy, that pretty much answers the question.

Bro, Moore - Since the group you belong to is not recognized you are considered clandestine and thus not a Mason and have to go through the degrees in a recognized lodge to be so considered.
Depends on the jurisdiction. We've been informed some PHA will heal, which was the original question. Your GL may limit the act to those made Masons in regular lodges.

bupton52

Premium Member
I understand completely but I will check with the lodge and see if I can be healed and if not it's okay I'm always willing to be tried never denied and tried again

You'll want to go through the degrees again anyway though. I was healed once upon a time and I wish that I would have done it all over again. You will appreciate the experience more, and have an opportunity to learn the work the way the jurisdiction needs you to.

BullDozer Harrell

You haven't spoke with any member of that GL or subordinate lodge you're interested in becoming affiliated with to gather the info you're asking us on an online forum?

I find that so strange and not in the spirit of applying due diligence before making another big decision in Masonry.

In any event, the PHGL of NC does have a healing process in place. However it's not automatic. They still take you through a careful screening process just like my jurisdiction. No guarantees to be expected.

I wish you luck.