Holy Royal Arch Degree

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by Keith C, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

On Saturday I along with 5 others received the Holy Royal Arch Degree, conferred by Lansdale Chapter No 301 in the North Lodge Room of the George Washington Masonic Memorial in Alexandria, VA.

We left PA at 7am via a Charter bus and most of our wives went along for the trip. After a 3 hour bus ride we arrived and the Companions of the Chapter unloaded all of the Regalia and necessary props from the bus while the six of us and the ladies hung around somewhere that we couldn't observe what was going on. At High Twelve the Chapter opened and our Degree Ritual began.

It was an amazing experience, which will take quite some time to process. The Washington Masonic Memorial was a wonderful place for the Degree and it was a great day from beginning to end.

KSigMason, hwood, Bloke and 2 others like this.
  2. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Sounds like a fine day. Midlands Ritual describes this Supreme Order as “the essence of Freemasonry.” Whether or not one fully accepts that fulsome description, it is considered part of ancient Freemasonry. I’m glad you enjoyed your exaltation.

Keith C and CLewey44 like this.
  3. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

It was a fine day! We left Alexandria at 4:00 pm and stopped in Baltimore at the Inner harbor area for 2 hrs to get dinner. We all enjoyed the area some great food and a festive beverage or two before getting back on the bus for the last leg of the ride home.

I will post some photos once a Companion or 2 forward them!

4. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Let's see if this photo link works!

[​IMG]

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations Companion!

Keith C likes this.
  6. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

That is a great story and I'm glad you enjoyed your exaltation. Congratulations Companion!

CLewey44 likes this.
  7. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

Congratulations Companion!!!

8. Bro. P.W.Wesson PM

Bro. P.W.Wesson PM Registered User

Congratulations Companions on this most Beautiful Degree.

Keith C likes this.
  9. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Thank You Companions!

I went to my first Chapter meeting last week and it was excellent! I think it will take a few meetings to be fully comfortable with the opening and closing, but they are having us new guys match up with experience Companions until we "get it."

Now I have another "one night a Month" group I belong to, I am going to try to avoid it being a "one to two night a week" group like Blue Lodge has become! I intend to avert my eyes and pretend I don't see anyone who looks like they are coming to ask me to sit in any particular chair, at least for a while!

Warrior1256 likes this.
  10. Warrior1256

Great! I knew that you would enjoy it.
    Lol....understandable. I was retired when I joined so I jumped right into an officer chair.

11. Mrredsand9

Mrredsand9 Registered User

Brother:
    I just received my Holy Royal Arch degree last week on my masonic and actual birthday. An amazing experience as well. Looking forward to obtaining further light in council and commandery.

Red

Sent from my SM-G955U using My Freemasonry mobile app

Keith C and Warrior1256 like this.
  12. Warrior1256

Congratulations!

13. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Congratulations Companion!

14. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

Outstanding Brother Keith, I'm looking to attend the Grand Conclave this year. Perhaps we can partake in some of that good Pennsylvania craft beer.

Share My Freemasonry