My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homosexuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member

I think the first thing I would highlight is that the "headline" is very misleading. He wasn't suspended for being openly gay but actually for deserting his wife, which most of us would consider to be an unmasonic thing to do regardless of reason.

Secondly, as the story is from 2011, I do wonder what happened when he applied for reinstatement in 2012.

Last edited:

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
According to the article, he was suspended for deserting his wife because he was homosexual--therefore, from the wording, if the article is actually accurate, the Grand Lodge of Kentucky considers the homosexuality the important part, not the desertion--if it were merely spouse desertion, that would be all that would have been mentioned. Of course, what does that mean for Masons who get divorced? Are they to be expelled?

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member

There is much more to this story than appears here. I can tell you that this individual is serving time in a County Corrections Facility currently.

I can also tell you that at the time of this story, the GLoKY had no laws or edicts specifically banning or prohibiting homosexuals, and the charges against him were by Brethren whom he never met, after he "came out". Amazing what can be found, when you have no other options to remove someone...

Again, there was more to the story than meets the eye... One of the other charges was theft or money mis-management, again he is serving time. Case closed.

Please, no further discussion about this specific incident or individual. Thanks!

cwmaynord87

dalinkou. That is the best response I've seen on here. Thank you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using My Freemasonry mobile app

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
The qualifications and requirements of Masonry ought to concern the inner man and not the outer. If the inner man is a good and true brother, I do not believe you can fault him on the account of something that is not your business. So then, to answer the question, if a brother is true to the precepts of Masonry, then he has as much right to a seat in the Lodge as everyone else. Not every Mason will be your best friend, but they are all your brothers, so meet and part accordingly.

Well said, Brother. Very well said. Would that more of our Brethren had the clarity you have on this issue.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Do you know how sometimes product placement in a TV show or movie smacks you in the face where it is a turn off?

NCIS for example: I don't need an Omega Planet Ocean with an ugly orange band planted in my face as Gibbs holds his Sig in an awkward position to make sure the camera gets it.

I feel the same way about sexuality. Your private life is of no concern to me. I don't judge a person based solely on their orientation. I will however judge someone based on how much they make sure I know they are gay. It gets annoying being reminded as such. Same could be said from listening to someone who is womanizer and constantly reminds you about it.

Disclaimer: I'm not talking about flamboyance or demeanor. I'm talking about the constant reminder that, "I'm gay!"

Plustax

Well said.... I couldn't agree more. Waaaayyyyyyyyy too much pushing it out there. Personally I have a "peeve" with the word "gay" and it's
new meaning. When I was growing up that word had an entirely different meaning. I've never understood why a word had to take on a new meaning when the word homosexual or lesbian has always been around. Must be a sign of the times and having to be sensitive to peoples feelings I guess. JMO

Do you know how sometimes product placement in a TV show or movie smacks you in the face where it is a turn off?

NCIS for example: I don't need an Omega Planet Ocean with an ugly orange band planted in my face as Gibbs holds his Sig in an awkward position to make sure the camera gets it.

I feel the same way about sexuality. Your private life is of no concern to me. I don't judge a person based solely on their orientation. I will however judge someone based on how much they make sure I know they are gay. It gets annoying being reminded as such. Same could be said from listening to someone who is womanizer and constantly reminds you about it.

Disclaimer: I'm not talking about flamboyance or demeanor. I'm talking about the constant reminder that, "I'm gay!"

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I believe that we have beaten this "dead horse" enough on previous threads. I am closing this thread for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.