My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to BBQ Chicken

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Because I stink at it. I either undercook it then when it's ready, it's dry as a bone, or I burn the hell out it. Better to wrap in foil? Charcoal or gas and temps please..

Star Mztyk

Bro. Blake...

If cooked inside I have my own recipe which is really a method as it seems that is what you are asking. I take chicken wings, legs or parts in general and boil them in salted water for about 15 minutes. This gets a lot of the fat out of the chicken. Then in a mixing bowl I coat the still hot parts with liquid smoke and a marinade homemade or bought. Louisianna Supreme Chicken Wing Sauce works for any part of a chicken. After tossing and sprinkling good then put in the oven and BROIL both sides for 10 minutes browning them. Now, a bar be que sauce will stick to the chicken ......which I brush on turning once more each side ....broiling for a few more minutes. I use Sweet Baby Rays Honey Barbeque Sauce.......but finding your own preferences is part of the joy of cooking. I have a smoker/bar be que method as well.

Star

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I have found that Chicken when cooked (done), is firm like a well done steak.

Since I use charcoal, temperatures vary greatly. I have always cooked everything by "feel" rather than by time or temperature.

Bill Hosler

I always brine my chicken for an hour and a half before I put it on the grill. The salt in the brine helps hold in the moisture inside the chicken. It really helps

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Brining is they key. I brine turkey and chicken both and sometimes pork. The great thing about a brine is that it really does help hold in moisture so the bird doesn't dry out and also you can flavor the brine somehow and that flavor is imparted to the bird also. Two ingredients in my brines (besides salt and water) are fresh rosemary and bourbon. Over the last couple of years I have been doing turkeys for Thanksgiving and have brined them all. I have smoked 4 and fried 2 and none come out dry. Even the breast meat is juicy.

Bill Hosler

Here is a link to the brine I use. It works everytime [video=youtube_share;JvsMDHuCDh0]http://youtu.be/JvsMDHuCDh0[/video]