How to Join

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Blake Bowden, Feb 11, 2010.

1. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

They may be trying to deter you from you joining to see how serious you are about it. A lot of folks join or do things on a whim. Masons do, or should at least try to, guard their 'gates' to not allow men in that will ultimately get out or not take it seriously. Not saying you are that way, but many men that want to join do it for the wrong reasons.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  2. edet_victor

edet_victor Registered User

I understand.

3. edet_victor

Yo
    You are very correct about this.

4. edet_victor

I decide to change my life and not to impress and please someone. I decided to change because i want a better me & to lead me to a better future.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Sounds good.

edet_victor likes this.
  6. Amos Ayensu

Amos Ayensu Registered User

Please I called ones and asked me why do I want to join, what should be the best answer?

7. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Only you can answer that question. We cannot tell you why you want to become a Mason. You're asking us to feed you an answer that they will want to hear, rather than answering the question from your heart.

Warrior1256 and dfreybur like this.
  8. Amos Ayensu

I understand but we need Assistance that's why we are here, so please help me with something, please

9. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Why do you want to join? Do you have hundreds of US dollars for fees and from 6 months to 3 years to study at least 6 hours/week? That is a very realistic idea of the commitment required

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

10. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

You won’t become rich nor powerful - that is a myth - Masonic lodge will investigate you to determine if you can afford the dues/fees without material hardship.

11. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Some of those fees are for charity contributions to groups not to individuals

12. Amos Ayensu

Yes I know

13. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

So what’s your hurry? It could take years to be a Freemason depending on what country.

I cannot understand why anyone would think that a Texas based masonic forum which ONLY provides information mostly applicable to the USA has any influence in other countries

Warrior1256 likes this.
  14. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Absolutely!
    Same here.

Share My Freemasonry