My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Join?

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I'm from Namibia Windhoek, I would like to join, what must I do ?
For Starters, READ THIS: \

It will tell you what you need to know.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Please am in saudi Arabia is there any grand lodge
If you took the time to use the search feature, rather than ask to have somebody do the work for you, you would have gotten this:

Bana

I do not know any Mason, not know any lodge since it is banned in in my country.
I’m in Baghdad and in need of assistance please!
Should I just gove up on the idea just because my location is unsuitable!
What about free will..!

Last edited:

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I do not know any Mason, not know any lodge since it is banned in in my country.
That illegality alone should tell you that you should NOT pursue this interest within your country!
I’m in Baghdad and in need of assistance please!
Assistance with what? You already know Masonry is illegal in your country. What possible assistance could you need?!?!? Telling you you'd be foolish to pursue something that is illegal? I hope you realize this very request would prevent you from being considered! We are a moral, law abiding organization!
Should I just gove up on the idea just because my location is unsuitable!
Yes, unless you move to a country where it's legal!
What about free will..!
What about it?

BTW - Since you have classified yourself as "female", you have another challenge in that you have to find an organization that allows females.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
While I don’t like the acronym, that isn’t my experience. Indeed, many grand lodges take great effort to reach those who don’t have contacts in a lodge.
2be1ask1 seems like an incomplete statement, without a friend or relative in the lodge asking 1 falls on deaf ears

jim b

That's absolutely false. A great deal of the applicants these days likely do not know any members of the Lodge when they first contacted it.
but the point is the petition is rejected due only to not having a friend in the lodge

jim b

While I don’t like the acronym, that isn’t my experience. Indeed, many grand lodges take great effort to reach those who don’t have contacts in a lodge.
if they make a great effort to reach those who don't know anyone in the lodge why was I told nobody knows me and the process ended

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
but the point is the petition is rejected due only to not having a friend in the lodge
And the follow up point is: As much as your point might be true for a hand full of lodges, the vast majority of USA lodges have investigation committees that provide feedback to the general membership as to whether the applicant is a good fit or not.

And they do not have to know ANYONE in the lodge to be both considered and voted in.

Have you ever petitioned?