I just got my first degree!

Discussion in 'Becoming a Freemason' started by ahyen, May 22, 2013.

1. Bro. Vincent

Bro. Vincent Registered User

Lol!!!

Freemason Connect Mobile

2. JKC84

JKC84 Registered User

Congratulations Brother and welcome to the fraternity! I remember my initiation night i was so lost and excited at the same time.

Freemason Connect Mobile

3. jnjones86

jnjones86 Registered User

Congrats brother. You'll find the next two degrees to be even more memorable. Good luck on the rest of ur masonic journey! :)

Freemason Connect Mobile

4. brotherfaulk

brotherfaulk Registered User

Congrats my Brother as in with life the first steps are always the hardest as in with Masonry. I hope you continue your journey

Freemason Connect Mobile

5. bro jimmie

bro jimmie Registered User

Great

IM happy for ya.
    Now what is your name ? Lol

6. cool ron00

cool ron00 Registered User

i glad for u brother now u bless

7. SquareOne

SquareOne Premium Member

Welcome to the family!!!

Freemason Connect Mobile

8. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Also if you get to be an exemplar at a Shrine ceremonial. They told us we would be kneeling for a long time and that we could switch to sitting at any time if we needed to. I looked at the other exemplars and they were all younger than I was. No way was I going to sit down before any of those young guys so I knelt. And knelt. And listened to more lectures. And knelt. And knelt. The young guys kept glancing over at me. Apparently they all figured no way they were sitting back unless the older guy did first. Oh my back ached by the time they finally had us stand up. But it was worth every second of it!

Medinah Shrine - Chicago metro

9. lightseeker

lightseeker Registered User

Hello im new to this forum but i have been exposed to freemasonary for nearly half my life from my uncle(who is a master mason)...but to make long story short im jus looking for someone to explain to me what it means for a 33° mason to gentley stroke the left wrist when i told him i wanted to become a mason?? i have truely been confused about this jester...please explain this to me, i would greatly apreciate if you can.

10. SquareOne

SquareOne Premium Member

This is odd to me. Please explain how this was done.

Freemason Connect Mobile

11. lightseeker

he stroked my left wrist with his right hand after i told him i wanted to become a mason and told me if really wanted to become a mason they will find me? im just a tad bit confused because...he is a 33°Mason, why would he leave it up to other masons to..." find" me when he could have guided through everything?

12. SquareOne

SquareOne Premium Member

1st. We won't find you. It is up to you to find us. 2be1ask1.
    2. Wrist thing...... Never heard of that.

Freemason Connect Mobile

13. lightseeker

Thanx for taking ur time to answer my question:)

14. Bro. Vincent

I have a bad right knee from playing football and had it scoped a couple of times. I was offered a chair and my WM snatched it as soon as it was presented...let me tell you, people got alot of laughs at my expense as i struggled on bender knee during all my degrees.

But my WM said I would remember it more if i did it, man he was telling the truth. I never Want to go through that discomfort again. I remember every second of my MM obligation as I was folding over in pain. Means everything to me!

Freemason Connect Mobile

15. SquareOne

SquareOne Premium Member

Not a problem.

Bro:. C.E.Gatlin Jr.
    Jr. Deacon, Doric #92
    Most Worspful Grand Lodge of Washington
    http://www.doric92.org
    http://www.freemason-wa.org
    Don't expect perfection in a man because he is a Freemason. If you do, you will be disappointed.
    Masonry makes a man better, but no human agency can make him perfect.

16. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

The motion does not appear to have any special meaning. Probably a nervous habit. As to saying they will find you that only makes sense if he reported the event at his next lodge meeting. He's supposed to tell you that the only way to become a Mason is to ask a Mason how to join and you just did exactly that. He was supposed to go get a petition form for you. Maybe it was a nervous habit because he just realized he didn't have a petition form in the glove compartment of his car ready for you.

17. athelstane839

athelstane839 Registered User

There is a great book coming out maybe in sep. over 450 pgs all on the first degree of freemasonry it's called " the esoteric explanation " the curriculum of the ground floor. By brother Michael Olmo 32 degree amazing I been privileged in editing the book and it's unbelievable I advise very strongly for all E.A's to buy this book it'll be the last book on the first degree you'll ever need.promise

Freemason Connect Mobile

18. athelstane839

athelstane839 Registered User

We just recognized prince hall masons.
    You guys have to read a book called the Hiram key. Trace masonry history.

it doesn't matter England already has female masons look it up France canada Ireland also. This nothing new to the world just to the states it will happen u"ll see. It's a matter of what you want to aspect.

But we don't need recognition were new York were fine. When we do it watch everyone else follow. Remember the Shriner, were dud it start ny look at it now.

Freemason Connect Mobile

19. kaveman

kaveman Registered User

Iam happy to see another starting the journey I was raised to the 2nd last night thanks for starting down the path

Freemason Connect Mobile

20. Bro. Vincent

Correction brother. You were "passed" to the second degree. You are "raised" to the 3rd. Just a quick correction. Congrats on your journey brother.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Share My Freemasonry