My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just got my first degree!

Roy Vance

Certified
Premium Member
Also if you get to be an exemplar at a Shrine ceremonial. They told us we would be kneeling for a long time and that we could switch to sitting at any time if we needed to. I looked at the other exemplars and they were all younger than I was. No way was I going to sit down before any of those young guys so I knelt. And knelt. And listened to more lectures. And knelt. And knelt. The young guys kept glancing over at me. Apparently they all figured no way they were sitting back unless the older guy did first. Oh my back ached by the time they finally had us stand up. But it was worth every second of it!

Medinah Shrine - Chicago metro

Ha Ha! Not about to be outdone by the younger guys! I know the feeling. I sometimes feel like, "I have all of this life experience and you guys are just starting, so I am not gonna let you get ahead of me." But, at the same time it is great to see the young ones doing the same things we are. At least we know they are not on the streets causing trouble or already in the prisons, being supported by taxpayer money.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I sometimes feel like, "I have all of this life experience and you guys are just starting, so I am not gonna let you get ahead of me." But, at the same time it is great to see the young ones doing the same things we are.

To me this is the simplest and least obvious way Masonry makes good men better. The young brothers try to emulate the elderly brothers. The elderly brothers try to set a good example for the young brothers. The in between brothers try to do a mixture of both. There's a line in a charge about emulation - It's one of those lines that doesn't seem like a big deal until you've seen it happening.