I made it!

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by swole, Aug 16, 2010.

1. swole

swole Registered User

Tonight I was initiated and it was awesome!!!

2. Benton

Benton Premium Member

Grats!

3. Dave in Waco

Dave in Waco Premium Member

Congrats and welcome to the Brotherhood!

4. Bro Mike

Bro Mike Registered User

Congratulations Brother. I am glad you had a great experience.

5. JEbeling

JEbeling Guest

Great.. ! now stay after the work.. ! Good Job.. ! glad you enjoyed.. !

6. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations BROTHER!!!! Sorry I couldn't make it. The wife works late on Mondays and both of our baby sitters were unavailable :( I'm so happy that you've begun your Masonic journey!

7. swole

swole Registered User

Thank you brothers. I was looking for you blake! I understand though, sometimes things don't go as planned. you were with me in spirit lol. Remember Blake, you were the one that got me rolling, and for that I will always be greatful. It was an excellent experience and I was told I did a great job! There will be another EA initiation this thursday which most likely I will attend.

8. owls84

owls84 Moderator Premium Member

Great Job. Keep the enthusiasm and don't let anyone get cha down. It is an addicting organization so be careful.

9. david918

david918 Premium Member

Congratulations Brother!!!

10. Benton

Benton Premium Member

Definitely attend as many EA degrees as you can. It helps you remember your work and familiarize yourself with the functions of a lodge. And its fun, if you ask me. :)

11. S.Courtemanche

S.Courtemanche Premium Member

Congratulations Brother!!! ​

12. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Congratulations Brother!

13. mch4970

mch4970 Premium Member

Congrats, Swole.

14. Dave in Waco

Dave in Waco Premium Member

Very good advice!! Also if your Lodge runs a floor school to work on degree, take part in them. But take Bro. John's advice, it will definitely help you in your work.

15. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

good to have you

16. mch4970

mch4970 Premium Member

I went to congratulate you and realized I already had.

17. swole

swole Registered User

Agreed. I will be attending the EA degree tomorrow night to begin to familiarize myself with the work. Thank you all for your support!

18. Benton

Benton Premium Member

Have fun at the degree! If you show up to them often enough, you'll find yourself working them as I already have!

Like I used to tell members of my college frat, the more you put into the fraternity, the more you'll get out of it. And I've found it to be wonderfully true of Masonry!

19. HKTidwell

HKTidwell Premium Member

First and foremost I congratulate you, my brother. The journey you have embarked on has just started, it shall impact you in ways that you have never foreseen in good and positive ways. I have been blessed by having brothers who can converse about any topic, whether in agreement or not, in a manner that is befitting the most diplomatic. I know without a doubt that if I ever have an issue my brothers are there for me and I for them.

Masonry is one of the most addictive things, always look to the charge and reflect upon priorities. While I say that the more you put into Masonry the more you will receive. The work is important, but being a "MASON" is far more important. Your interactions, actions, and daily life are your testaments to who you are. Masonry supplements and improves upon the foundation that is already there.

Share My Freemasonry