If you were, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Howard Giang, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Howard Giang

Howard Giang Registered User

In CA, a DUI is considered a felony. It usually cost about $10,000 total associatesd expenses. It is a game changer for many things. I have never gotten one, but I knew someone got one and is not good. Severe punishment from DUI does affectively deter repeat offenders though.

2. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Umm, it is my understanding that absent priors or death/injury, a first time DUI in CA is a misdemeanor, fines are about $1,800, amd attorney fees range $2,000-6,000.

3. Howard Giang

Thanks for pointing that out regarding few times, collisions, and absent of prior DUI as a misdemeanor. Fines is $1000 + $2600 plus cost from impounding vehicle, affecting insurance policy, attorney fees ranging from your figures. Anyway, it affects marriage, licensing, background check. I heard a lot of Masons are attorneys, so at least my journey will be in good hands.

4. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

I stopped representing fraternal contacts on criminal matters. I send them up stairs to the young guys. I don’t have to sit in lodge with knowledge of their activities. I also handle enough masonic disciplinary matters as part of my masonic duties.

Andy Fracica likes this.
  5. Howard Giang

My understanding is that in the past you had represented fraternal contacts on criminal matters being an attorney yourself. I am sure those you had helped still appreciate your expertise with various laws. In a way, you fulfilled your compassion, professionalism, responsibilities, duties, and obligations to your Brothers and the Lodge. I wish I will never have to ask you to help me criminal case because I hate to be a criminal.

Share My Freemasonry