My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you were, what would you do?

Howard Giang

I'm not even sure if a DUI would get you disqual'd. Especially if it happened in your younger days.
In CA, a DUI is considered a felony. It usually cost about $10,000 total associatesd expenses. It is a game changer for many things. I have never gotten one, but I knew someone got one and is not good. Severe punishment from DUI does affectively deter repeat offenders though.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
In CA, a DUI is considered a felony. It usually cost about $10,000 total associatesd expenses. It is a game changer for many things. I have never gotten one, but I knew someone got one and is not good. Severe punishment from DUI does affectively deter repeat offenders though.
Umm, it is my understanding that absent priors or death/injury, a first time DUI in CA is a misdemeanor, fines are about $1,800, amd attorney fees range $2,000-6,000.

Howard Giang

Umm, it is my understanding that absent priors or death/injury, a first time DUI in CA is a misdemeanor, fines are about $1,800, amd attorney fees range $2,000-6,000.
Thanks for pointing that out regarding few times, collisions, and absent of prior DUI as a misdemeanor. Fines is $1000 + $2600 plus cost from impounding vehicle, affecting insurance policy, attorney fees ranging from your figures. Anyway, it affects marriage, licensing, background check. I heard a lot of Masons are attorneys, so at least my journey will be in good hands.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Thanks for pointing that out regarding few times, collisions, and absent of prior DUI as a misdemeanor. Fines is $1000 + $2600 plus cost from impounding vehicle, affecting insurance policy, attorney fees ranging from your figures. Anyway, it affects marriage, licensing, background check. I heard a lot of Masons are attorneys, so at least my journey will be in good hands.
I stopped representing fraternal contacts on criminal matters. I send them up stairs to the young guys. I don’t have to sit in lodge with knowledge of their activities. I also handle enough masonic disciplinary matters as part of my masonic duties.

Howard Giang

I stopped representing fraternal contacts on criminal matters. I send them up stairs to the young guys. I don’t have to sit in lodge with knowledge of their activities. I also handle enough masonic disciplinary matters as part of my masonic duties.
My understanding is that in the past you had represented fraternal contacts on criminal matters being an attorney yourself. I am sure those you had helped still appreciate your expertise with various laws. In a way, you fulfilled your compassion, professionalism, responsibilities, duties, and obligations to your Brothers and the Lodge. I wish I will never have to ask you to help me criminal case because I hate to be a criminal.