If you were, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Howard Giang, Dec 14, 2017.

1. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

The only way to get to 32nd is to submit petitions and do the required work to that point. For 33rd if you ask for it that ensures you are not appointed. That's why it's called honorary. It's important to note that the Scottish Rite is just one of many optional orders. It happens to be famous but it's neither required nor expected.

Howard Giang and Glen Cook like this.
  2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

The way it goes here is the wife is invited to sit in during the interview and we answer any questions that she may have. We want to make sure that she has no objections to her husband entering the fraternity.

3. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

But not for the 32..,.,

4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Hi Howard

We look for opportunities to spend time with potential applicants and applicants before we vote on them. Usually, this is during social times, but we've been known to stick a paintbrush in a willing hand :)

This gives an insight into the interested parties demeanor and also gives them a chance to see us and ask the same question of different Freemasons. Sometimes the answers will be slightly or very different - esp, "why do you stay a freemason" ..

Howard Giang likes this.
  5. Andy Fracica

Andy Fracica Site Benefactor Premium Member

We do pretty much the same thing here. We also ask the candidate to tell us what he knows about Freemasonry.

6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Oh...no. Speaking of Blue Lodge only.
    We ask a similar question, "Why do you want to be a Freemason?"

7. Andy Fracica

That's on our questionnaire too. :)

Warrior1256 likes this.
  8. Howard Giang

Howard Giang Registered User

So it can be a deal breaker?

Warrior1256 likes this.
  9. Howard Giang

If the questions were for me, I can answer them, but for the wife, she would not know anything about Freemasonry, so objection would not be strong except time may be lost from the family.

10. Howard Giang

I thought the investigation committee might ask my wife like "have your husband ever raised his voice at you?" :D

I would tell her to say "Yes", because I know for sure that the investigation committee will assure my wife that "when your husband becomes a Freemason, he will not do that anymore because he will perfecting himself through Freemasonry."

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  11. Glen Cook

You know this for sure? I don’t know that.

12. Howard Giang

You are right Glen. I was being hopeful.
    Regardless, I am still asking my wife to tell the truth because long ago I did raise my voice at her more than one time, and I felt bad in character.
    Has anyone ever raised your voice at your spouse at least one time in your life?

13. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Yes and having human emotion is ok. That doesn't mean hit your wife, belittle her or call her names but Masons are allowed to get angry and do their best to control it. Thats all you can do.

Warrior1256 and Andy Fracica like this.
  14. Glen Cook

None of my Lodges involve the spouse in the interview.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  15. Andy Fracica

It's more like has he stopped beating you? Yes or No :p

16. Andy Fracica

Actually when we interview spouses it really is just to answer their questions about Masonry. Women might have some wrong ideas about Masons from watching too many History Channel shows. :(

Warrior1256 likes this.
  17. Howard Giang

Totally agree. I have never beaten up anyone in my entire life, including my wife. In fact, when I was young, I had gotten beaten up or bullied by others. Unfortunately, I don’t have a brother to defend for me, so I have to avoid being glowed too bright in the dark.
    Unlike you, you have millions of brothers that I will never have. :(

18. Howard Giang

:D Whew! Thanks God for those questions are not being asked.
    Next concern is that where I live, if a petition has a parking ticket, it may be a deal breaker and must 12 months. I had a parking ticket few months ago that I did contest. I think this is a game changer for me. :(

19. Howard Giang

Or from YouTube :( Have you heard of a quote, maybe I am wrong “if we can control YouTube we can control the world!”

Andy Fracica likes this.
  20. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Tsk tsk...you, you brother. ;D

Andy Fracica likes this.

Share My Freemasonry